what's gonna happen in 10 yrs? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Canknuckle Head

Wiki Edits: 0

Question what's gonna happen in 10 yrs?

Never talked much here, but hey i got's a worry.

I've heard lot's o people talkin about this 2fast + furious stuff. The really crappy part about this, is it's like the vanishing point of the 70's, or the starsky / hutch, or the dukes o' hazzard. What I mean is that we (ok, "you" older real mecanics, im only 20 so i cant say that) grew up and aspired to those cars and fantasies of driving a hot E body or measured in cube's.
Does that mean that in 10 years my (unfortunately) generation is gonna be nothing but scooters and rice rockets thinking that 3 digit horsepower is the $**T ?!?!?!?. ARGHGHGGHGHGHGH.

Please tell me that there are still people my age out there that truly appreciate what real power and muscle are, 'cause I think it's up to us to carry out this legacy. I know I aint gonna let it die.

Hollywooding

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Gee, now I'm all bummed out.....
I sure hope you're wrong Hollywooding

Chickie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Canknuckle Head

tell me about it 4JawChick, try being in my shoes

"why put a 4.3 in, put a 22re civic motor in, stroke the susuki 1.4 that comes with it, you'll get 5 more hp"

B#### slap those puppies lemme tell ya.

anyway
Old 07-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Chevy sittin' low

Oh man, I totaly hear you. I'm also 20, and I've only met two other people even near my age with old cars here in Idaho. It's great to hang out with the experienced, older guys, but you can't go looking for chicks, and cruising all night with them. Everyone my age is in to the whole rice thing, and though I'm friends with alot of them, I tend to know a bit more about the basics of their engines than they do. I was hanging out with some guys last weekend and there were 3 cars. A 2000 civic, a CRX, and 98 Prelude. The civic had a supercharger, the CRX had a Turbo, and the Prelude had N2o, and none of them ran out of the 13's at the battle of the imports the following day at firebird. I just don't understand what's fun about that?! My car is almost in the 13's with a ratty old engine and a few exterior upgrades, and I got the whole thing for $1000! I don't disagree with the rice thing, but I just don't see why most of them scoff at a muscle car. Not to mention that all the girls LOVE the ricer cars, but think mine's an old P.O.S. My roomate has a 2003 Chevy Extreme, and people think that truck is so damn awesome, but it has nothing but looks, beleive me I've "driven" it. I only get compliments from married women and older guys wanting to buy it, which ain't bad, but it would be nice to have respect from my peer group. Man.......what the 60's and 70's must of been like...........
Old 07-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Canknuckle Head

I soooooo hear you.

Most chicks our age have to see cash and plastic to be turned on.

(cash as in sink a lot of pointless money into a jap crap, and plastic as in plastic body panels with lots o plastic stickering)

Peace to the brothers (and sisters i guess ) that still ride hard and know what the difference between a rat and a mouse really is.

Hollywooding

PS keep the comments coming I wanna hear what others got to say on this, prove me and andrenaline dude arent the only ones.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

One thing that will help is to quit referring to displacement by the commie term, "litre" and use good old American cubic inches. Litres are for measuring french water bottles.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:52 PM

Last photo:

My project truck will have another ten years worth of dust on it....lol
Old 07-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Guy with the small engine

Last photo:

in 10 years the real imports enthusiasts - i mean the guys that know how to make cars fast and hate those tacky mods like the huge wings, etc. -will start hanging out with the muscle car guys and hot rodders and whatever becomes the standard; read "daily driver"; will become the new rice. that probably means you'll see kids ricing electric cars.

i really hope not.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Last photo:

There aint a thing wrong with those married women. There also aint nothing wrong with a 60's muscle car with a healthy V8 and NO nirtous. Let the twirps have their ricers.

Vince
Old 07-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

I wish I had my Dad's old '50 Ford, oh the possibilities..... Of course it's rotting somewhere in the back 40 of Grampa's old homestead, which was sold off about 10 years ago to some goofball who got a Gov't grant to go into farming!?! People just had no idea their old trucks and cars would be worth anything one day. What a shame.

Chickie.

BTW--I'm one of those married women.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:04 PM
No Bodies does it better

Last photo:

it seems fitting...

A guy I work with told me this, it's pretty much how I feel about ricers. Don't get me wrong, The nissan 300zx and the Toyota supra are both 300hp and can taken up to 670 hp on stock internals...but those cars aren't exactly cheap everyday rice either...thats FINE RICE.

You think your imports fast, because it's not stock
but passing you on your left is a chevy small block
so shut your mouth casue all you've got left is a small ****
cause my ****s faster and it's still stock

if the women are into rice, I don't want them...I tend to find a women with a sense of the old better then any type out there...I Don't know. I've never met her, I've never even talked to her..but I tell you what I'd marry greaser_gurl in a blink of half a second.

::sigh::
wish I wasn't the only one hearing ring of fire.....

not trying to change post.

Oh I'm 20 too....lol

I know how you feel.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Chevy sittin' low

It's actually kind of cool to hear a 35yr. old women come up and say, "Man, you know what kind of memories your car brings back for me, *wink**wink*" or "I remember this one time...." And I especially like when I'm starting to get burnt out on working on my car, or sick of my old paint job and not so "bling" rims, and someone my age actually says,"Damn your car is cool, what is it? what's it run? I wish I could afford one!" Makes me laugh, and I love talking about all the hard work I've put into it.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Chevy sittin' low

LMAO, that's a funny rhyme, I'm going to have to remember that one....You also reminded me of this time I got pulled over for drag racing a 19yr. old chick in a 72' chevelle, but I think that I've told that story already.....
Old 07-10-2003, 05:55 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Remember, it's only a movie! Do you really think Americans will evr start measuring in litres and mm?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I'm thankful for the ricers at times, such as when I have to buy a part or 2 for the coupe, when I see a good deal on an older car, or when I see a yougster driving a "real car", an older American made machine. If everyone wanted the American cars, prices and availibility would be outrageous, Let the ricers have their rice. I just avoid them. With the NHRA, reunion meets, car shows, us true hotrodders aren't going anywhere but up. It is time for a real rodding movie though, a remake of a few older movies would be cool. Nostalgia will keep rodding alive. Dan

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.