Hot Rod Forum banner

What's the news on the Big Three?

639 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  1969NovaSS 
#1 ·
Seriously. I just read a news article that claims that Chrysler (as of today) still has all its factories shut down. Made me think...
Is this true? How about GM? I heard that Ford wasn't accepting gov't $, which would imply that Ford might actually be in production. But does anybody know for sure?

#2 ·
Today, here in Canada, the CAW members at GM accepted wage freezes, pension freezes and bonus freezes.

Meanwhile, the president of Chrysler has threatened that unless his employees take a 25% pay cut, Chrysler will pull out of Canada.....There are 9000+ Chrysler employees in Canada

#5 ·
G.M. stated they had things under control, didn't need the extra 2 billion they were looking for earlier.

I wonder if the upper management is taking a wage freeze or bonus cap too?
Maybe if they got rid of a few hundred of them, they wouldn't need a freeze... :rolleyes: Lots of Chiefs in that organization, I am going to apply for Chief of waste paper control. 2 sheets per dump, fellers.... :D Where's my million dollar bonus?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.