Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What's the secret/trick to skim coating panels
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

yeah, a straight line is good help for sure. One time I had to mud a guys' quarter he welded and he warped it to high hell. It was actually a patch so he had a seam running front to back but also one up/down over the wheel well. It's funny cause as I was doing it I was pissed the guy didn't metal work it while he had access to it while it was cut out and he also warped it. So the whole time I was focusing on the warpage and damage at the seam going from front to back so after some metal working I mud it and realize it was slightly bowed from warpage on the seam going from up/down. I look at footage of that repair( I film my repairs) and I don't think I touched that area once or even payed attention to it but I did rub my hand on it one time and it fooled me. Had I just got out the straight line it would have revealed itself to me right away cause the bow was so big I either didn't feel to the end of it or I dunno. It just fooled me I guess. The next day I brought in my straight edge.