Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What's the secret/trick to skim coating panels
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:36 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

On a side note, I ran out of my z-grip bondo (about 30.00 a gal) my supply guy came by but didnt have any left on the truck. He did have the rage so I thought I'd give it a try ,that is until he told me its about 50.00 a gal...theres no way in HELLO im going to spend 50 bucks on bondo I'll stick with my tried and true Z-grip and I hate spending 30.00 for IT. 35.00 for a qt of EZ sand polly putty...RIDICULOUS.I've been using this stuff for the last 25 yrs and really dont want or feel the need to switch brands but Evercoat (brand) used to be a good deal ,now there getting like 3-M, Dupont and everyone else....
I did get my gal of SPI 2k with the hardner 90.00 THATS a deal for the best...
Whaa,whaa,whaa,britch britch, britch...I feel better though...
All I can say about all your trouble is I know EXACTLY how you feel ,Sure it was 30 yrs ago but you never forget...Now add the pressure of getting it done in a timely fashon so the shop can make money and a boss looking over your shoulder reminding you hes losing money and you can understand how being stubburnd and hard headed and thick skinned are the exact qualities everyone hates but exactly the qualities it takes to get good and why we are how we are....this kind of work isnt ez and I believe you have what it takes to get there just remember doing a hood like this is THE hardest part of doing body work and when your done you'll have really accomplished something ....
If you feel starting over is what you need to do then go right ahead and do it..you already know your a lot better now then you were when you started.I've always called it ,Paying your dues...