Hot Rod Forum banner

whats wrong with my amp power

997 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  docvette 
#1 ·
ok.. well after the cold winter past i look into my 84 camaro to find that a squirrel had popped out a panel underneath the dash on the passenger side and had been running around in my car as a winter home... as i looked through the ripped insulation i found a reddish orange wire casing with no wire inside about 3 or four inches long.. and it had been chewed on both sides.. now my amp that i use to power my speakers doesnt appear to be working.. do any of you have any ideas as to what this wire goes to.. i looked at the wires directly under the dash and i found nothing that matched the color.. i havnt exactly spent much time looking into this but the squirrel im guessing carried it from its original source... any suggestions as to where to look would help and save me time...

#3 ·
Wire

Doc here, :pimp:

My best guess is the wire that comes from the "Power Antenna" or External amp power to the power amp for low voltage switching is what you are missing...

Orange is usually the color designated for Low voltage switching.

I would also check the fuse...unless Our little Rodentia residents..had mini a pair Wire cutters, chances are you have / have had, a short in that line now, so check the line (and all around it) Before you heat it up again.

Doc :pimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.