Hot Rod Forum banner

What's your current daily driver + pics

33K views 160 replies 61 participants last post by  2low 
#1 ·
Like the title says, post what your daily driver is, plus a pic if u have one. I dont have a pic now but I'll get one up in the morning :thumbup:

#3 ·
Most everyone here knows mine, a 1959 Rambler American. It's been my daily driver since I got it running back in August of last year. Up till then it was a 95 Taurus SHO which is gone, sold it a few weeks ago. The photo is it parked at my old highschool parking lot where I was to talk to teachers about my son who is now going there. :)

Brian

Attachments

#4 ·
This has been my daily driver for a bit over a year now. It started out as a parts car for another project. I swapped on a 78 Monte Carlo front clip and doors, built a 500 Cadillac engine, TH400 and Ford 9” for it. I use it daily as my shop truck, general transportation, and did a 4000 mile vacation trip with it last year.

Attachments

#5 ·
Daily driver

I have a 98 Corvette with 20,000 miles on it, a 69 Camaro Indy Pace Car convertible and my landspeed race truck, an SS Silverado pickup with 45,000 miles now running 425 h.p. but I leave them all parked and jump in my 1937 Chevy truck channeled down over a 39 frame, it's not a ratrod because it has a uniform paint coverage of Hotrod primer, a smooth leather seat cover not a Mexican blanket, it does have a cab floor with carpet on it, and it does have glass in all of the window openings, there are no holes rusted in it. It has a 350 c.i. engine with forged high compression pistons and Vortex 64 cc chamber heads and loves 93% octane gas, turbo 350 trans, new radiator with electric fan, a Mustang rack with no power steering, polished hi-rise intake and an adjustible 700 cfm carb. I run it with a 38 Ford grille and no hood or sidepanels and the headers have never been closed and sounds
great, there is an old Sunpro tach mounted high in the top left of the windshield. Oh, it has front disc brakes and no power steering or ac and it is a ball to drive weighing around 1700 lbs. with about 330 to 340 h.p.

Budin...Budin

Garrell

#6 ·
1957plymouthhemi said:
This has been my daily driver for a bit over a year now. It started out as a parts car for another project. I swapped on a 78 Monte Carlo front clip and doors, built a 500 Cadillac engine, TH400 and Ford 9” for it. I use it daily as my shop truck, general transportation, and did a 4000 mile vacation trip with it last year.
Cool ride! I remember when when these were new as my dad was a Buick salesmen and they would come around one came in on the used car lot. Back a year or so ago I had my wife's van fixed at a shop here in town and they let me drive their 82 ElCamino for the day. Holy crap that thing was like going back in time for me. It is a super nice all original, lo miles car and drives like a dream. What a super nice daily driver they make. :thumbup:

Brian

#8 ·
Finally got some pics. It's an 02 audi a4 1.8turbo 5speed.
I'm so jealous of you guys! I want another classic for a dd. I got my eye on a 71 nova though :mwink: . Plans for my current car are to lower it, new exhaust, dark tints (hate the sun), and bump up the boost a little. Then i can ditch it and get a new project :thumbup:

Keep em comin! :D

Attachments

#12 ·
02 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Running a small block Chevy is like having a girlfriend who wears a push-up bra. The numbers look great, but once you get under the hood, there's not as much there as you thought." - Anonymous

#25 ·
I had a 98 Ford F150 which I sold a month ago. Because I live in CA and the gas is $4.40 for regular, I had no option but to sell my beloved truck. Thanks to high gas prices, I'm driving a 2010 Toyota Matrix : :( I sure miss the 8 cylinder power compared to a 1.8L 4 banger, but I do like the 32 mpg I'm getting. Makes me appreciate my hotrods more..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.