Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What's your current daily driver + pics
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 AM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What

First of all, if your Cad is capable of 200 mph that can be fixed. Your engine is ana LS engine platform the same as the LQ9 and the LS1 in my Corvette and the same as the LSfamily right through the LS7and up in Corvette ZO6 and the new ZR1. Al you need to do is find a good tune up shop that specializes in the LSX engines. They can put a tune up via computer that will probably add 30+ hp and they can raise the rev/speed limiter off the scale.
The Silver State would require some handling upgrades because of the length of the race and the curves, you might want to consider the Texas Land Speed Racing Assoc. or the East Coast Racing Assoc. and run the Ohio Mile. It might be difficult to reach 200 mph in one mile though many purpose built cars do at Texas And Ohio. What you should do is run the ultimate Landspeed event, the Bonneville Salt Flats. Keep in mind no matter where you go you are looking at a full rollcage not a rollbar, a fire extingiusher system and a Hans brace and race seat with six point belts.
That is the reason I elected to run my 5400 lb. SS Silverado truck, I hope to run around 132 to 135 mph mph and I forego the above safety requirements just a helmut. My Corvette with the same performance modifications I made to my truck would be close to 200 mph because when new one tested at 178 mph in Texas right of the showrom floor.
I drove a NASCAR stock car at Atlanta Speedway at 172 mph including the corners, trouble is I don't remember it but I have it on video. The first time I ran at Maxton it was a bucket list item and I just wanted to do the best I could and never intended to chase landspeed records but it is additive. Below is my favorite saying and with my memory problem I don't know if I coined it or read it somewhere but my family thinks I came up with it but anyway:

Inside every old man is a young man wondering "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED"

Garrell