Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What's your current daily driver + pics
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 05:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseay1949 View Post
Yes it has the 3.5 G-code High Output motor. If you have no vacuum leaks (have you checked your brake booster? mine leaks a little and I can hear it whistle on the pedal side inside the passenger compartment - it's on my to-do list but haven't gotten to it yet!) and your ignition is in good working order, the fact that the seafoam helped a little is a good indication you have a severe carbon problem. I would recommend taking it to a shop that carries BG products, and have them do the BG Induction Cleaning Service with the K2902 service kit. The kit comes with two cans of carbon buster, that they put in a pressure vessel and blow through your intake while the engine is running .. cleans the throttle body, back sides of the intake valves, and the combustion chambers. The kit also includes a can off 44K fuel system cleaner that gets dumped in the tank to continue the cleaning while you drive. We charge $139.95 for the service, and in my experience it is worth every penny.
thanks somone else mentioned i may have a lot of carbon buildup, but most ppl just suggest its due to the fact im 6,500ft above sea level.

maybe ill go get 2-3 cans of seafoam and try that no way i would pay 140 bucks to have that done and i doubt any shops in this tiny town do it anyways. except this time ill pull the plugs and squirt some down in each cyl and let it sit before i start the engine and add the rest of the seafoam the normal way