What's your current daily driver + pics - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrell.770
You last two guys kill me the first grows up and goes astray for luxury and the second at times has it right but at times I feel sorry for him!

Garrell
Garrell, yeah I know, but that luxury is wrapped around 556 hp and a 6 speed stick.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 AM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What's your

Just messing with you, I knew it was a luxuryrod.

Garrell
Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 AM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Quote:
Just messing with you, I knew it was a luxuryrod.

Garrell
I see your age, so you know old hot rodders don't die, they just slip into a luxuryrod.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 AM

Last photo:

What?

Whats-u doing up at this hour?

63 years old and still recovering from a severe heart attack followed within a month by three strokes. I couldn't see, walk,talk, sit up without falling over and when I regained my sight in around two months everyone realized I had total memory loss, didn't know who my wife, two adult daughters, five Grandchildren or the rest of my relatives, best friends, Doctor of 21 years or anyone was.
When I became aware of my surroundings I started reading volumes of books i.e. world and American history, American wars, my bible, I continually watched Fox news and Fox business news. I had received Hotrod magazine since I was around 12 yrs. old plus other car magazines that had stacked up because I had shown no interest in cars but one day I picked up Hotrod and read it cover to cover in one sitting then all the other magazines. MY oldest Daughter and her husband rolled me up to a nice looking building up behind our house on a circular drive and inside was four beautiful cars, I wasn't sure what they were and they tried to explain them to me.
Moving ahead thousands of questions and a year later, I got out of the wheelchair a year ago last Christmas and used a walker until last July. In the mean time I had learned to drive in the parking lot of the local highschool. I had also developed my own form of physical thearpy that involved twisting and turning, bending, lifting light dumbells and lots of leg strengthening exercizes. I now use a custom walking stick which I lean on heavily because of a balance problem caused by my Parkinson's desease. I landspeed raced on the Maxton Mile last Sept. in my SS Silverado truck and I went back in Oct. to the last ever Maxton Mile in N.C. and set a landspeed record for one mile in my class. We leave on the 26th of this month after adding 62 hp to my truck to run the first ever Ohio Mile at the Wilmington mile. I hope if the weather and wind is good to come back with one and as many as three landspeed records. The only thing I dread is the pain from such a long trip caused by my rheumatoid arthritis, but I can't complain because I am a walking miracle.

Garrell
The Following User Says Thank You to garrell.770 For This Useful Post:
Camaro_Nut2001 (12-02-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 03:09 AM

Last journal entry: New Carb
Last photo:

Quote:
the second at times has it right but at times I feel sorry for him!

Garrell
Me too brother, me too

I would love to have my old lead sled back in the driveway. But newer handling has gotten hold of me. But I still just cant get the V8 rumble and high HP thrill out of my blood.
It would be so much easier if I could.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 AM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Wow, talk about old hot rodders never die, they just rehabilitate themselves and carry on. Land speed records? Sounds like clicking items off the bucket list. My bucket list includes 100 mph on the water, missed that by 15 mph and neither have the interest or balls to attain now. 300 mph flying a plane, but my chance of flying my friend's Lancair is gone with the selling of that fast airplane, which leaves 200 mph on land, which I'm 36 mph shy on that. My CTS-V has a speed limiter factory set at 191 mph, and it pulls so hard at 145 mph, it might be the way to go. Maybe the Silver State Classic. What speeds are you looking to make official in your resume?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 AM

Last photo:

What

First of all, if your Cad is capable of 200 mph that can be fixed. Your engine is ana LS engine platform the same as the LQ9 and the LS1 in my Corvette and the same as the LSfamily right through the LS7and up in Corvette ZO6 and the new ZR1. Al you need to do is find a good tune up shop that specializes in the LSX engines. They can put a tune up via computer that will probably add 30+ hp and they can raise the rev/speed limiter off the scale.
The Silver State would require some handling upgrades because of the length of the race and the curves, you might want to consider the Texas Land Speed Racing Assoc. or the East Coast Racing Assoc. and run the Ohio Mile. It might be difficult to reach 200 mph in one mile though many purpose built cars do at Texas And Ohio. What you should do is run the ultimate Landspeed event, the Bonneville Salt Flats. Keep in mind no matter where you go you are looking at a full rollcage not a rollbar, a fire extingiusher system and a Hans brace and race seat with six point belts.
That is the reason I elected to run my 5400 lb. SS Silverado truck, I hope to run around 132 to 135 mph mph and I forego the above safety requirements just a helmut. My Corvette with the same performance modifications I made to my truck would be close to 200 mph because when new one tested at 178 mph in Texas right of the showrom floor.
I drove a NASCAR stock car at Atlanta Speedway at 172 mph including the corners, trouble is I don't remember it but I have it on video. The first time I ran at Maxton it was a bucket list item and I just wanted to do the best I could and never intended to chase landspeed records but it is additive. Below is my favorite saying and with my memory problem I don't know if I coined it or read it somewhere but my family thinks I came up with it but anyway:

Inside every old man is a young man wondering "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED"

Garrell
Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
boatbob2

Daily Driver............

2 DD,2009 chevy HHR,and a 1961 Corvair Monza 4 speed.102HP,soon to be 140 HP.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM
elkyholic

Last journal entry: Center Link Installed
Last photo:

Just an Old Goat

with a new Goat.

2004 GTO - LS1 with the 6 speed.
I bought it on Halloween of 2010 with just 7000 miles.
It's my daily driver for now, until I find a deal on a beater I like.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

That cts-v
No doubt you can get it to 200 if you can get someone to tune it and remove the speed limiter
Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 PM

I drive my 91 Z28 daily. On the days I decide not to drive the Z, I drive a 95 thunderbird lx with 11,000 actual miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0169_001.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	64863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0174.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	468.6 KB
ID:	64864  
Old 04-20-2012, 05:35 PM

Last photo:

What's your current ride

Next to the Corvettes I have owned and the one I have now out of the 40+ muscle cars and hotrods I have owned the Z28's were my favorites. They all handled great and ran pretty strong. I think all of the early 90'swill start to be the next to become popular to restore and hotrod. I bought a new hugger orange 69, a red w/black vinyl roof 69, I special ordered a red 93 six speed, possilbly the last Chevrolet that could be special ordered I had to sit down with dealership's owner and tell him how to order it. Then I bought another red Z28 IN 1998, I owned a 1981 that was one of the prettiest cars I've owned, handled great but not very much hp.
Is yours stock or have you modified it for more power or handling?

Garrell
Old 04-20-2012, 07:15 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

My daily driver for the last year has been my '69 Chevy Suburban. Sold my '84 Toyota PU after owning it nearly 25 yrs., and switched to the Burb for more comfort, room, and style.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:18 AM

Last photo:

Whats your curent driver

I had a 72 and there is nothing like one of these big boats for comfort on the express way, but we to had to move from our three story mansion into a little white house similar to yours across the street in your picture. The gas mileage is a mortage buster.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:49 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
I had a 72 and there is nothing like one of these big boats for comfort on the express way, but we to had to move from our three story mansion into a little white house similar to yours across the street in your picture. The gas mileage is a mortage buster.
I actually thought the gas mileage was a big plus over my old Toyota! that gutless 22R 4 cyl. was very reliable, but it didn't get any better mileage than the Subirban gets, and it felt like I tossed out an anchor when I hit a hill!
The suburban get 15 in town and 18-19 on the highway.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.