What's your current daily driver + pics - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 AM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What is your

boothboy, with your mechanical genious you should definitly carry that to Bonneville and try to make into the B.A.D. club you would be a sure thing.

Garrell

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 02:08 AM

Last photo:

What is your

Aw hell, it's 3:00 am and I can't wait until tommorrow evening and someone asked, B.A.D. club, buried *** deep!

Garrell
Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 AM
62 Vette L-98 TPI & ZF 6 speed

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
i want to buy one just for the great gas mileage but the fact that the speedlimits on the highway here are 80mph, and if u go slower then say 75 u will get run the hell over kinda scares me.

is that thing even capable of a sustained 80mph lmao,prolly takes forever to get there as well
capable? yes. enjoyable? no. It's actually a surprisingly spunky car that handles quite well also, but crazytown freeway isn't it's strong suit. lots of road noise at anything over 60-65, and milage really suffers. absolute best milage is actually cruising at nearer 50MPH. 60-65mph is pretty good also, but above that milage drops to ONLY 35-40MPG . guys who do hipermiling in these things do get nearly 60mpg, but they are the crazy ones imho.

Garrell.770.
My T bucket has a modified 99 Cadillac Northstar engine and T-5, so I'd guess it gets around 15-20 just cruisin around town (I've never actually checked however).

Russ
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Guys I'm very humble by nature and don't like to brag. But-------
Ok guys i gotta confess. That rad ride is not my daily driver, but you got to admit it's a great pic!
The only thing of interest that I currently have is a 1970 Chevy Longhorn one ton that I,m struggling to make up my mind whether to restore again or pull the engine and sell the truck. Lots of other vehicles but nothing of any great significance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Topfu2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	66805  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Last photo:

What is your....

So we have a luxo T bucket, and a propane tank salt flat racer.
I got Moderated this morning around 3:00 am, when I gave the definition of being in the Bonneville B.A.D. club I didn't put *** in. I didn't know you couldn't type ***.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:52 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

alcohal fueled daily driver...
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 AM

Them coppers kept pulling me over so I had to get a new DD they wouldnt recognize...Steve's Drunk and High DUI at Work (Arrested on Scissor Lift) - YouTube .....I just cant seem to get a break...
Old 07-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,247 Posts
Mike, I don't see why you should have to keep buying new DD's. It is obvious you know your rights. Obvious case of harassment.

John L
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Lol!!! Why are the bugging the guy over a mower and a lift?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Mike, I don't see why you should have to keep buying new DD's. It is obvious you know your rights. Obvious case of harassment.

John L
Plus my wife's gonna kick hisazz.LOL
Old 07-22-2012, 05:49 PM

Daily Driver #1

1987 S10 short bed 2.5 Iron Duke 4-speed manual .. 210K and smoking but still gets 25 mpg .. in the next year or so it will give up its life to be reborn as something better when I pull its chassis out and slide it under my '58 Mercedes Hot Rod Project
Old 07-22-2012, 05:54 PM

Daily Driver #2

1999 Chrysler LHS 205k 21mpg

Hands Down Best Car I Have Ever Owned .. and I only paid $65 for it .. customer brought it in with a blown head gasket, didn't want to fix it, so I bought it off him. Fixed it myself and have been riding ever since, that was 4 years and 100k ago.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:05 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseay1949 View Post

Daily Driver #2

1999 Chrysler LHS 205k 21mpg

Hands Down Best Car I Have Ever Owned .. and I only paid $65 for it .. customer brought it in with a blown head gasket, didn't want to fix it, so I bought it off him. Fixed it myself and have been riding ever since, that was 4 years and 100k ago.

does it happen to have the 3.5L motor?
me and my gf have a slightly older one with the 3.5 and at light cruise and heavy acceleration it pings very very bad.

ive tried everything going from cheap gas to mid/high grade , new plugs and wires , checked all vacum lines, no error codes/check engine light.

hell i even tried to seafoam it once, it got better but that only lasted about 3 days
Old 07-22-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
does it happen to have the 3.5L motor?
me and my gf have a slightly older one with the 3.5 and at light cruise and heavy acceleration it pings very very bad.

ive tried everything going from cheap gas to mid/high grade , new plugs and wires , checked all vacum lines, no error codes/check engine light.

hell i even tried to seafoam it once, it got better but that only lasted about 3 days
Yes it has the 3.5 G-code High Output motor. If you have no vacuum leaks (have you checked your brake booster? mine leaks a little and I can hear it whistle on the pedal side inside the passenger compartment - it's on my to-do list but haven't gotten to it yet!) and your ignition is in good working order, the fact that the seafoam helped a little is a good indication you have a severe carbon problem. I would recommend taking it to a shop that carries BG products, and have them do the BG Induction Cleaning Service with the K2902 service kit. The kit comes with two cans of carbon buster, that they put in a pressure vessel and blow through your intake while the engine is running .. cleans the throttle body, back sides of the intake valves, and the combustion chambers. The kit also includes a can off 44K fuel system cleaner that gets dumped in the tank to continue the cleaning while you drive. We charge $139.95 for the service, and in my experience it is worth every penny.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseay1949 View Post
Yes it has the 3.5 G-code High Output motor. If you have no vacuum leaks (have you checked your brake booster? mine leaks a little and I can hear it whistle on the pedal side inside the passenger compartment - it's on my to-do list but haven't gotten to it yet!) and your ignition is in good working order, the fact that the seafoam helped a little is a good indication you have a severe carbon problem. I would recommend taking it to a shop that carries BG products, and have them do the BG Induction Cleaning Service with the K2902 service kit. The kit comes with two cans of carbon buster, that they put in a pressure vessel and blow through your intake while the engine is running .. cleans the throttle body, back sides of the intake valves, and the combustion chambers. The kit also includes a can off 44K fuel system cleaner that gets dumped in the tank to continue the cleaning while you drive. We charge $139.95 for the service, and in my experience it is worth every penny.
thanks somone else mentioned i may have a lot of carbon buildup, but most ppl just suggest its due to the fact im 6,500ft above sea level.

maybe ill go get 2-3 cans of seafoam and try that no way i would pay 140 bucks to have that done and i doubt any shops in this tiny town do it anyways. except this time ill pull the plugs and squirt some down in each cyl and let it sit before i start the engine and add the rest of the seafoam the normal way

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.