What's YOUR daily ride? - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 06:47 PM

Last journal entry: Taking the old bondo out!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The blue 91' Dodge Stealth RT/TT (Twin Turbo) is mine. The red 93' 3000GT VR4 (Twin Turbo) is my son's (shortshift):

This is my 76' Austin Mini Clubman (awaiting a starter):

This is my 41' Chevy at Goodguys in Puyallup (before I bought it):

This was my 60' Austin Mini Seven that I sold before I got the 41':

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
My compass doesn't point North

Last photo:

My daily is a 2003 Subaru Outback Limited Edition wagon.....Yes Paris, limited means limited to those poor souls dumb enough to buy one. Subaru is the national car of the mountains of Colorado.

It's all black with about everything - you know, heated everything, leather and great stereo with XM radio.

I had the windows tinted two shades darker then legal. How dark are they? They're so dark, I think the Sopranos might start driving Subaru's.

I bought it new and with 70K on it, there are no scratches or dings. I don't park it in lots where it'll eventually look like my wife's Subaru Forester... all dinged up from the white trash.

I loaded up the rear end for my street rod into the car the other day and managed to break a tail light... there's a couple of hundred bucks I can chalk up to being stupid.

In Colorado, they put crushed granite on the roads in winter. Yes Paris, we'd be happy if it were crushed before they dumped it on the road.... That means a new (heated) windshield every couple of years, but it's better than the salt we endured for years in Wisconsin. No rust here.

We need studded snow tires and all wheel drive just to get out of our four hundred foot driveway and steep hill to the highway, but it's all worth it. We love living in a rural area in the mountains.

Did I mention, in Colorado we only need all wheel drive five days a year, but no one can tell us which days those might be? It's snowed here on June 21st.

Sorry, I do tend to ramble on..... thanks for your indulgence.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

I was wondering what that was they spread on I-70, that got so well splashed and sprayed up from the vehicles that were able to pass me (nearly everything else on the road with this truck), and I'm still trying to hose it off when I go through the fuel lanes at the truckstops.
Add to that the red dust from Nevada to the western side of Oklahoma where I hosed a little of it off yesterday, and the 570 miles worth of dust and dead bugs I endured today, and it needs another washing but will have to wait until I can either convince my Fleet Manager into a company paid once-a-month wash, or hope it isn't too cold for the pressure washer at home when I get there next week.

This pic was taken somewhere in Utah, and if anyone wonders about the unit on the front of the trailer, I am pulling a heated trailer, usually used for adhesives, resins and paints transfer in cooler temperatures.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Rebel with a Chevy

'94 Coprice. 9C1 LT-1 package. Combined 23mpg, 28 hiway. Peels rubber like a muscle car with a sideways drift through 2nd. 3.08 with a factory Auburn unit. 140+ top end. The perfect family car/hot rod. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Rebel with a Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugg
My daily is a 2003 Subaru Outback Limited Edition wagon.....Yes Paris, limited means limited to those poor souls dumb enough to buy one. Subaru is the national car of the mountains of Colorado.

It's all black with about everything - you know, heated everything, leather and great stereo with XM radio.

I had the windows tinted two shades darker then legal. How dark are they? They're so dark, I think the Sopranos might start driving Subaru's.

I bought it new and with 70K on it, there are no scratches or dings. I don't park it in lots where it'll eventually look like my wife's Subaru Forester... all dinged up from the white trash.

I loaded up the rear end for my street rod into the car the other day and managed to break a tail light... there's a couple of hundred bucks I can chalk up to being stupid.

In Colorado, they put crushed granite on the roads in winter. Yes Paris, we'd be happy if it were crushed before they dumped it on the road.... That means a new (heated) windshield every couple of years, but it's better than the salt we endured for years in Wisconsin. No rust here.

We need studded snow tires and all wheel drive just to get out of our four hundred foot driveway and steep hill to the highway, but it's all worth it. We love living in a rural area in the mountains.

Did I mention, in Colorado we only need all wheel drive five days a year, but no one can tell us which days those might be? It's snowed here on June 21st.

Sorry, I do tend to ramble on..... thanks for your indulgence.
No worries, sounds like a cool ride.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:24 AM

'07 Silverado. All stock.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:13 AM
go fast, turn left!

Last photo:

1995 Mustang GT. Although that may change today. Someone is coming to look at it. I need a truck right now.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Hey Short shift my second oldest son is your age and he also has 1993 3,000 Gt. It's all red with these humongous speakers lurking in the back with enough vibrations power to blow the top of the rear end off it. Shoot he'd die for a twin turbo, Ltlgto
Old 03-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

I use a 200k mile 95 S10 for my work truck. But when I'm home it's either 1 of these, or I have an 02 Custom Sporty with a built motor, or my 72 shovel. But since I have a baby at the house now, it's usually the T-Type.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:05 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
Celebrity SW= chick magnet

Later, mikey
Lots of room for tacos

Shane
Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM

Last photo:

At the present time it is this 1980 camaro 1968 350,1970 300HP 041 heads,edelbrock intake,Qjet,crane cam,headers, 4 speed ,3.08,s.
I drive it 60 miles one way to work.To work on...........HONDAS!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4.../camaro002.jpg
Old 03-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Rebel with a Chevy

That's a nice looking ride . Sounds like a good combo too. I love White Camaros. I had a White '77 RS that I put a blown 350 in .
Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Last photo:

1997 Ford Ranger. I built it for a trail rig but it's so fun to drive I use it everyday .

Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM

hey, i saw that freightliner at the flying J in Orange, TX a few weeks ago! I was putting a tire on one in the lot.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

It wasn't my truck you seen, I haven't been there as of yet the closest to anywhere in Texas I have been so far is Amarillo for a load pick-up, and then back on I-40 and into Oklahoma for the night, there are only 185 trucks on JB Hunt's PPG account and not all of them have the decals on the doors yet as they are either new or recent transferred drivers, or new trucks.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.