Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've been using 3M's perfect it polishing kit for years and have tried about everything out there and have the best results with this kit. About 3 years ago I purchased a new kit, it came with 3 foam pads (that's all I ever use, I find that a wool pad can generate to much heat), 3 bottles of polish, coarse medium and fine, several micro fiber, a spray bottle of swirl remover (not to big a fan of swirl remover, I like to get them out in the fine polish by adding a bit more water to the foam pad) cloths, detail spray and what I like best an adapter that allows you to use booth sides of the foam pad. The polish is also color coordinated to the color of the pad...so you never screw up by using fine polish on a coarse pad.

The kit sells for just over $200 but it's worth it...I can get about 4 or 5 complete cut and buff jobs out of 1 kit...of coarse it depends on how large the vehicles are and the darker the color the more polishing it takes to get rid of swirl marks.

This works for me and I would highly recommend it to anybody doing any amount of cutting and buffing.

Ray