Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

LOL...I'm old school as well...the last time I used a DA was about 2 1/2 years ago, my wife wanted me to change the color on her Caddi. She decided on a Wednesday on the color and told me that that color would match her shoes and purse...but she wanted to wear her new shoes and purse on Saturday and I should hurry and get her car painted or it would ruin her Saturday (Women, you can't live with em and....pass me the beer nuts). I laughed a bit on the outside and was a lot more POed on the inside. For the first time in a few years, I dusted off my DA and started sanding.....16 hours later, her car did match her shoes and purse and her Saturday wasn't ruined. I was lucky that the car was straight to begin with but like I said...I'm old school and the work I do for my customers doesn't see a DA.

I haven't tried Meguire's Power Cleaner but, the "no compound shower" does sound intriguing. I don't mind getting the spatter all over myself but it can be a beach to get off if you don't get at every nook and cranny right away. I'll give it a try. I've tried the "Unigrit" paper and still prefer my 3M. I'm not always happy with 3M's prices but, for consistency in product and quality, I don't mind paying a bit more for most of their items, for example. I feel that their panel bond adhesive is second to none. I've tried others and not nearly as reliable for dry times and advertised strength.

Ray