Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
3M in 3 steps , then Meguires swirl remover, Then 3M machine glaze and then I hand glaze I use no wax! I found the Finnish outstanding! I've tried them all and this process works for me! But everyone has their own process and what works and you like is not the same for everyone! We all have opinions, a professional goes through more steps then a guy in his back yard garage and they usually look for a quick product that is mediocre in comparison with a professionals many step process.

Jester.

Quote 69 "I'm old school and the work I do for my customers doesn't see a DA."

Man I thought I was the last old skool guy!!! LOL
Nope Jester, there are a few of us left and I hope the new guys coming into the trade pick up the habit that feel is a good one...to hard to keep things straight no matter how good you think you are of how long you've been doing it. I put my DA in the bottom of the tool box along with my air file and my silicone wax in the early 90's when I got off flat rate and did more of my own work.

I don't wax anything either...I feel that it can suffocate the clear and cause it dull out over time....if you put enough clear on and take care of your finish, you can polish it for years and it always keeps coming up glossy.

Ray