Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I use the Mequires paste wax but not until after at least 90 days. But right after the power compound, Mirror glaze #7, on yeah, there is nothing like Mirror glaze for the best finish in my opinion.

Getting back to the air tools, I do use a "DA" an old DAQ ND for metal finishing (using no filler). And an nice "Orbital" Dynabrade like you would for cutting clear to buff, but I don't use it for that. It actually isn't as tight a revolution as they have now but when I bought it, it was THE thing. I still use it for a number of uses. On the "in line" air sander, damn if I haven't owned one since I was about 17! No kidding, I traded off my air board for an air chisel that I still have today. I lived without one for darn near 20 years until I used a Hutchens 3800 and had to own one. For large panels it is a nice tool to get you close enough to block by hand. It's an orbital sander, not an inline.

Brian
I've been wanting to try one of those orbital block type sanders. I have to say inline sanders with a regulator are time savers though. You can do door bottoms and rockers, and some rear quarters in no time. I hear so many people(not you) assume in line sanders are hack, but they're really not. I'll do anything that's quicker as long as it doesn't sacrifice results. As long as I know the panel will be show straight in two primer applications and blocks and feels straight as can be before primer, whatever tool is used to get there is no different than using an air ratchet to get a bolt off quicker.