Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I've been wanting to try one of those orbital block type sanders. I have to say inline sanders with a regulator are time savers though. You can do door bottoms and rockers, and some rear quarters in no time. I hear so many people(not you) assume in line sanders are hack, but they're really not. I'll do anything that's quicker as long as it doesn't sacrifice results. As long as I know the panel will be show straight in two primer applications and blocks and feels straight as can be before primer, whatever tool is used to get there is no different than using an air ratchet to get a bolt off quicker.
Well here we go highjacking the thread. But the simple fact is any air tool like an inline sander can be used to knock down your work until you are close then block the rest to perfection.
I have to tell you, I may just blow your mind with what I can do with an 8" orbital ND900. I can get large panels REAL close using that tool, my absolute favorite filler cutting tool.

Brian