Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:42 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

my point is it's a misconception that in line files are hack. It also doesn't mean you're piling it on too thick either. Look at American Hotrod...those guys use them. Is that not show car work? I use them and our team got builder of the year for Autorama and 2nd place in Pomona. I just did a rocker in like 20 minutes a week ago. Not piling it on, just skimming . The last guy I heard knock them said it on video, then he has a video of him fixing shipping dings on a brand new hood and sprays it with SLICK SAND, yet the filler was still poking up after sanding the primer. That tells me a lot about how valuable his opinion is.

With that said, man, if I did work in a little cheap warehouse(which I hope to do at some point) there are A LOT of things I'd do differently, but different ways to sand aren't what would change. Most likely more extensive rust repairs instead of just what the customer pays for, but on the higher ends we do we fix everything. Just not on every job.

Last edited by tech69; 02-16-2013 at 08:50 AM.