Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I wonder how many technicians go from air file to primer versus air file, to long board or block to primer when that panel needs to be perfectly straight?

Ray[/QUOTE]

Apparently quite a few from the level of workmanship that I have seen coming out of far too many resto shops. I personally think the biggest problem is they can't do it, period. Most of what I see out there, and I look hard is most shops that do this work treat them like it is collision work and resto work is not the same. A friend of mine had a talk once with the owner at a well known shop, and asked about the finish body and paint work as to why they don't take the time and make the paint work as good as all the rest of the detail work that they do which is at the highest levels I have seen. The answer he got was the customer does not want too spend the time and money it takes to bring it to the levels he was reffering to. But at $20 to 30K for body and paint they should look far better. Maybe I am nuts but if your going too take all the pain staking time and research involved to detail a car to the perfection these guys will take it too why not take the paint work to the same level as everything else. After all the first thing you see and notice first is the bodywork and paint, that draws you in like a magnet.