Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - whats your favirote polish
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well to be honest Ray what bothers me the most is I do see and hear what other shops are getting for paint jobs and we both know that all your labor is in the blocking and buffing. These "others" are clearly not spending much time on either. So where is all this labor being spent? Just can not see it, most of what I see around the new england area at shows quite a few will fall into this catagory. When you see nothing but ripples and cellulite they just are not getting what they are paying for. The vast majority of customers will baulk at the cost of a real nice paintjob, but will think nothing of dropping $40 to $50K doing their kittchens over. A couple contractors are in and out in a couple weeks if not sooner, you are not doing a full show quality paintjob in a couple of weeks. They just don't seem to agnolige what is involved to pull it off. A very big lack of education in this line of work, clearly.