Hot Rod Forum banner

What's your favotire FORD

30K views 95 replies 68 participants last post by  AmericanPackMule 
#1 · (Edited)
What's your favorite FORD

Brought to you by the same creator of the, What's your favorite Chevy thread. :welcome:

I know the most popular will be the Mustang.

Same rules apply. Pictures make everything more fun.

#5 ·
Just about any Mustang built prior to 1970. Almost any Torino, and just about any Ford built prior to 1951.

#7 ·
hmmm...
Torino, see starsky and hutch (the movie, they used built up 351s, if I'm right they made around 400hp and did their own sound effects and burnouts, no slipped-in-soundclips of smoke bombs)

Or an early torino, those are hottt
mustangs, pre 71
that most recent re-do 1999ish to present SVT mustang (the SCd ones haul!)
the new '05s, even the v6 ones are quick from what I've heard

most any musclecar
primer black Falcon with a 427SOHC under the hood! :thumbup:

#10 ·
Anything but my f150, what a pile and as common as they are you think it would be easy getting parts from the boneyard, but maybe there are a lot of others constantly broke like mine scrounging the parts, looked a long time for a friken fan shroud so I didn't have to pay the dealer way too much. The comet/mavericks can be pretty cool and don't see them much, kinda like the mustangs little brother. I would have to say mustang is one of the best looking cars ford built, some like the tempo (which I've owned two of) and the contour are downright ugly. A 50's ford truck fixed up nice, I'll have to agree with matt on that, if its a mercury truck even better. My dad was always a ford guy and owned a '69 mach 1 when I was born, a bunch of galaxy's of different years, and a mercury cougar. He may finally be converted over to gm, owning mostly bonnevilles lately. I myself prefer gm, especially on older cars, I think they had better styling, but have owned a few fords over the years.

#11 ·
A 1970 Torino GT Convertible in light blue metallic with black top and interior, 429 Super Cobra Jet, 4 speed, 4.10 Detroit Locker with the optional Drag Pack. 1 of 4 known to exist. It was the coolest car in town, in the county and this part of the state for that matter. It always hauled the King and Queen in the Homecoming parade. It was bought new at the old Henderson Ford Sales in Aledo, IL.

Steve, if you're reading this I TOLD you you should keep it and sell the Shelby's instead didn't I?! Nobody ever listened to the skinny little long haired Hippie kid with the raggedy old GTO though did they...? ;)

Last I heard is it still only has a little over 17,000 on the odo but it's sitting in a storage building covered in mildew with the shaker scoop laying in the back seat......... :mad: That's no way to treat a car like that. :nono:

You guys probably think I'm full of it with all the rare Fords I know of but if I'm lyin' I'm dyin'. This was Ford country back in the 60's and early 70's and there were plenty of hot ones around. Guys around here got Chevy's to be different!

#14 · (Edited)
#15 ·
Is there a limit on how many Fords you can love?

Number one on my list is the 1955-56 cars.

The first car I can remember my parents owning was a sky blue 1956 2-door sedan. I can remember standing up in the back seat of that car with the speedometer reading 120 mph and yelling, "go faster daddy." I know that was not to safe but we did not know any better back then. Dad gave me that car when I was 14 making it the first car I ever owned. I still own it.

The first car I ever bought, at 16 years of age, was a pink and white 1955 Ford 4-door. I can tell you, it was not my first choice. My first choice was a Grabber Blue 1970 Torino Cobra, 429, 4-speed and bucket seats. Man did that car run. The guy that owned it was going to sell it to me for under two grand. My parents said, "No, that car is too fast and you will kill yourself." My next choice was a 1969 Chevelle SS 396, 4-speed. My parents said, "No, that is a Chevy." My next choice was a 1971 Chevelle convertible, 307, automatic. My Mom said, "No, somebody she knew owned a convertible and he rolled it and got killed. So now you can see the pattern. One day they loaded me in the car and we went to town. We stopped at an old school teacher friend of my Mom's house that had an old pink and white 55 sitting in the driveway. Mom's friend told me how much she hated parting with the 55 and I ended up owning an eighteen year old car that had 59,000 actual miles on it for $100.00 by my parents choice. I parked it in a shed at my parents house after I purchased a 1968 2-door fastback Galaxie with a 390 in it, I had driven the old 55 just about 2,000 miles. So now I own a 50 year old car with 61,000 miles on it.

A couple of years ago I bought a 55 Town Sedan at an auction, so far I haven't done a thing with it.

Last week I bought a 1955 Sedan Delivery. I have to tell you, I feel like a little kid that got what he wanted for Christmas, I am eager to drive that car. My wife told the kids, "Daddy bought a life-sized model car." To tell the truth she is used to that by now. I still cannot believe that it went way, WAY, under my stopping price at that auction.

Second is the 1949-51 cars. When I was a little kid, my Uncle had a 1949 Ford 2-door with a Thunderbird engine in it. I remember it as being very fast and it was probably the first hotrod I ever rode in. My Uncle was ahead of his time, there was no standing up in the back seat of his car he had installed seat belts and you buckled up or else. I could not see a thing buckled in there so I could not tell you how fast he drove , but it felt fast.

I bought a 50 last year at an auction, I probably paid too much for the thing since I broke my number one auction rule and went over my maximum price to buy it. It is a 4-door with rusty rockers and fenders but the underside looks pretty good. It had been sitting in a shed for 30 years.

I can't forget about my 1972 Ford truck.

I could go on all night but I should quit.

#19 ·
63 1/2 galaxie 427 4spd
60 starliner....someday i WILL build one :D
67 mustang fastback, moss green 390 4speed...a lasting impresstion on a high school kid
56 crown vic
57 fairlane....also on the someday list
42-47 pickup....looks like a chineese guy ran into a wall at about 100 mph..
a face only a mother ( or owner ) could love

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.