What'ya get done this weekend? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

What'ya get done this weekend?

Well since we all had a long weekend (candians had friday off, you guys had monday off) I figured you guys worked on your rods lots right?

Well I didnt make any physical progress on my T, but I did spend a lotta time getting ready for it. I bought a tool chest and cabinet today and got that all setup in my new garage, also picked up a never used Lincoln ARC welder from a guy at my church that sold it to me. Got all my free stuff from my uncle transported home today. I got like half my T for free already, its great. I got the 2x3 tubing for my frame, front and rear original T crossmembers, rear T spring, GM 10 bolt rear end, 267 SBC, 40 ford front axel with spring and spindles and brakes/hubs, '56 Ford steering box, draglink, my kingpins I'm gonna need, HEMI valve covers (my small block WILL run hemi v/c's ), 2 holley 94's, rear model A radius rods. Thats it for now. Basically he's got tons of parts he's collected over the years, and I'm helping him build his 27 so he gives me parts for labour. Also got a home-made parts washing contraption for free.
Tomorow I gotta run to Princess Auto cause all their gauges are on sale (super friggen cheap) and then I gotta wait for my next paycheck hahaha, life as a part time employed teenager sucks.

So, what did you get done?

Mike

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Heart Breaker and Life Taker

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well,lets see. Went to take this girl out to a boardwalk here,got there,and that little SOB truck decides to get hot and blow the overflow tank lid off,so I've got antifreeze boiling already,then that adds to the fact I'm in traffic on a bridge with my hood steaming its friggin *** off,I turn the heater on to help cool it down,and the dash makes a wierd *** sound from undernieth on the pass. side. Got help,they filled the radiator with water,cranked it up,let it run for a couple minutes and cut it off,took the radiator cap off ,hot water and antifreeze litteraly blows from that little hole covers the bottom left of the hood,parts of the engine and soakes my windshield,all over me and some on that poor girl. And were thinking the engine might be ****ed over. While this whole time,this poor girl is having a terrible time cuz of that pile of **** truck,and says she wants to go home. she was supposed to be home by 12,I got her there by 12:30. Her parents were asleep by then. So now,they probably won't let me take her anywhare again,And I wanted this night to be fun for her and I,But Nooooooo,that chunka **** truck thinks otherwise. I tell you,I get that little ****er back,I'm selling it. So now,its 35 miles from home,at someones house,in the dark,with a lot of people walking past it,stuck there,With the ****ing keys locked in it. I just pray to god it'll be ok. I called the girl back and shes upset cuz of all this,And yet,who the hell can blame her? This was supposed to be a special night. I'll call her again tommarrow and see how she is. ****ing truck...........
I'll stop my rant for now.......
Old 07-05-2005, 01:41 AM

Tried to install a turbo on my friends car. Pulled out 2 exhaust mainfold studs, then we found otu the compressor housing isn't lined up quite right (and the snap ring that we have to remove just wont budge) and then we foudn out we dont have any oil to the filter when we tried to prime it. Rock on. But at elast I got drunk last night.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:05 AM
'68 Chevelle Malibu Sedan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiseomatic
Well,lets see. Went to take this girl out to a boardwalk here,got there,and that little SOB truck decides to get hot and blow the overflow tank lid off,so I've got antifreeze boiling already,then that adds to the fact I'm in traffic on a bridge with my hood steaming its friggin *** off,I turn the heater on to help cool it down,and the dash makes a wierd *** sound from undernieth on the pass. side. Got help,they filled the radiator with water,cranked it up,let it run for a couple minutes and cut it off,took the radiator cap off ,hot water and antifreeze litteraly blows from that little hole covers the bottom left of the hood,parts of the engine and soakes my windshield,all over me and some on that poor girl. And were thinking the engine might be ****ed over. While this whole time,this poor girl is having a terrible time cuz of that pile of **** truck,and says she wants to go home. she was supposed to be home by 12,I got her there by 12:30. Her parents were asleep by then. So now,they probably won't let me take her anywhare again,And I wanted this night to be fun for her and I,But Nooooooo,that chunka **** truck thinks otherwise. I tell you,I get that little ****er back,I'm selling it. So now,its 35 miles from home,at someones house,in the dark,with a lot of people walking past it,stuck there,With the ****ing keys locked in it. I just pray to god it'll be ok. I called the girl back and shes upset cuz of all this,And yet,who the hell can blame her? This was supposed to be a special night. I'll call her again tommarrow and see how she is. ****ing truck...........
Wow, that's just horrible.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:09 AM
I Love My Willy

Last photo:

Quote:
..and thats why I check my gauges once every 15 seconds..

next time buy a chebby
Old 07-05-2005, 03:19 AM

Last photo:

I was checking them,but nothing i could do. We think the thermostat is bad.
But still,It ruined a very special night. ****ing truck....
Old 07-05-2005, 03:22 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebreed
next time buy a chebby
Hahaha....
Later,
WEIMER
Old 07-05-2005, 03:50 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

I started wiring up my new Quik Wire harness in the S10 tonight. I got all of the wires sorted and pulled to their intended locations, I also got the new steering column plugs made, headlight switch wired along with running airline into the cab for my air gauges. I also got my gas pedal mount welded in and 3/4 of the interior covered with heat/sound dampener.
Tomorrow will consist of finish the wiring and get the cab bolted down for good this time. Then it is onto brake lines and exhaust.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 07-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Man cruise that sucks, but really next time buy a chevy And I hope that girl will let that slide.
Anyway, I didn't get much done. My manger's car overheated, and he thought it was the thermostat. Well he bought a new one and new gasket and borrowed my tools out of my truck there at the resturant where I work so he could fix it himself. Well I when I got off of work, I went out there to see how it was going, and he was just finishing up. From what I could see on it, I couldn't see anything wrong with how he put it on, until he started the engine. It looked like a water sprinkler under his hood. So he asked me what he could do to fix it, I told him he would have to pull the housing off and reseal it. So he started taking the bolts out put was having a hard time getting one of them because he crossthreaded it so bad that it was tilted sideways! he got one out and couldn;t get the other, so he just put silicone all over the thing! I told him it wouldn't hold like that, but he did it anyway. So he tightens the bolts down again, and the crossthreaded one wouldn't tighten very easily so he trys even harder until he breaks the bolt off. after I told him not to do that. when that happens, he put even more sealant around the outside of the housing thinking that it was gonna hold it. Well he didn't listen to my advice until after he started the car again. Only this time, it looked like a waterfall. So he asks me what needs to be done to get the broken bolt out. I told him and he asked me to do it. So got the housing off to find out, parts of the old gasket were still there causing it to leak the first time. I tried getting the bolt out but I couldn't get it to budge, and I didn't have what I needed to drill it out. So he is taking it to a shop sometime. I guess thats what happens when you have an ******* for a manager that doesn't listen to advice. and my truck died at autozone, needs a new starter motor.
I also packed up for vacation, were leaving today. So if you don't see me post in the next week of so, then its because Im out of town, not because of the mess in some other threads. Ill try to post some pictures when I get back

Catch ya later dudes
Brad
Old 07-05-2005, 07:31 PM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:

Didn't get much done, was too busy with the important tasks of drinking & setting off fireworks

I did managed to take some pictures of what I've got going on now, the nova with the "new" front end parts, and the new heart that's going to be transplanted into it.

It's taking me a while, but I bet I'll still be done before killer gets a sub 17sec pass in the 1/4!

Pics in the journal.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:50 PM

Last photo:

It gets better,the girls mother heard me getting more than 9 kinds of pissed off at that truck,So now she don't want her daughter to talk to me She said I'm a violent person,well hell,it wasnt her truck falling apart and it wasnt her who had to worry about getting the pile of **** fixed. I must of been extreamly mad,Looked at the fender whare I was punching it last night,theres dings all in it. Now I gotta try and get all this **** fixed with the mother and all......Sigh....If its not one thing its everything.

And you all sticking up for chevys,Lets see,their thermostats lock shut just as fords do. That little $5 chunka **** ruined everything.......

Last edited by Cruiseomatic; 07-06-2005 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:58 AM
I Love My Willy

Last photo:

Quote:
That little $10 chunka **** ruined everything.......
You mean $1.50 right?

......of course if it says "Ford" on it, it must be worth $10..
Old 07-06-2005, 03:05 AM

Last photo:

No,$5,I also replaced a GM thrmoestat,same price. They're a duralast from AZ.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:12 AM
I Love My Willy

Last photo:

Quote:
No,$5,I also replaced a GM thrmoestat,same price. They're a duralast from AZ.
Well, if it cost $5, then why did you say $10?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:21 AM

Last photo:

Put the wrong number,lol. Try tping while really pissed as i was.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.