Hot Rod Forum banner

wheel cylinders

4K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
trying to figure out what front wheel cyls are on my coupe. there are casting numbers and delco cast on the cyl. there are adjuster rings on both ends of the wheel cylinders. does anyone know of a site that i could cross these casting numbers over to the application to what they originally came off of

#9 ·
hahaha, your funny,, us at advance auto parts,, you know the not a real parts store can look this stuff up also I do it, rick does it, danny does it..

maybe you're doesn't because of the attude you start off with before even walking in the place..
and/or expect an answer asap..
When we have a customer walk in or call, we ask them to call back in a hour or so.. and the regulars have no issue with that.. as they know, the meat and potato's of the parts biz. is todays cars and the shops fixing them..

#15 ·
Chevy changed to the dual servo brakes in 51. All those parts (chevy thru 54, corvette thru 62) hubs, drums, backing plates etc. would be a bolt on for the older chevy. Some of those parts i.e. drums & shoes were used on later chevys but not as a complete unit. On a wheel cylinder if area goes up so does the force it exerts and on that huck style you need all the help you can get. Hope that helps.
Try The Filling Station, Ecklers, Chevys of the 40s even Speedway Motors

#20 ·
found and ordered kits from ecklers.thanks for all the help

If you need a hone for those wheel cylinders I have a brand new one you can have. If you PM me with your address I will send it to you. Mechanical isn't my thing and I know I will never use it. I bought it for the Rambler but found that the new ones were available so I still have this hone in the package.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.