Hot Rod Forum banner

Wheel Fitment

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SSedan64 
#1 ·
Not sure where this one fits in and its definately not related to my hot rod, but a question anyways.

Putting winters on my car, and my buddy has a set of wheels and tires that he'll give me, the rims have the same bolt pattern, size and offset but the center bore is 3mm smaller. I have checked cross reference sites, and some say that Mazda to Honda 5 x 114.3 will fit. Just wondering, I can't see the 3mm making them not fit, but could wrong.

Anyways, His rims are off a Honda Accord, Mine is a Mazda Protegay. Do any of you have a for sure answer? I'd just try 'em on but he's 4 hours away.

Let me know, thanks

bonuts

#2 ·
If your current wheels are "hub-centric", meaning that the center hub of the axle or rotor fits tight to the center of the wheel(locates the wheel) then 3mm smaller wheel hub diameter would mean that the wheels you friend has will not fit on your hubs(rotors or axles). It will come up tight on the center hub before it bottoms out on the wheel mounting surface. 3mm is a significant amount, almost 1/8"(3mm is .118").

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.