Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - when did you first get intrested in cars?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My grandfather had cars packed around the garage like sardines....I would get dropped off for the day in the summer time while my parents were at work. Me and pappy would work on everything, often falling asleep in the sun under the cars. He was retired at the time and just worked on cars to keep busy. I loved going to the salvage yard or auto parts store with him. When anyone would see him they would yell his name and give him the greatest reception. Just seeing the way people responded to him being around made him a bigger hero to me. A few days after my mom was in an auto accident my family stopped in to see the progress on the car; which my grandfather was working on. He had the front clip off of the car waiting to get new parts...At that point in my life I didn't even know the sheetmetal could come off. I just stood there slackjawed in disbelief. I always knew I was hooked. But, after I saw the clip off the car, it became serious.
Also,There was a bad intersection at the end of our street. After an accident I would collect the busted up parts and bag and tag them and arrange them in different ways. This started at age two!