when did you first get intrested in cars? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2004, 10:07 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

To sum it up best. My first word was "car"

Henry

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2004, 10:26 AM

Last photo:

When the car bug bit

I have loved old cars as long as I can remember. My uncle has a '31 Model A Tudor, a 65 Falcon Futura drop top, and a 38 Ford Coupe. There were a few early Mustangs in various stages of restoration as well as a Willys jeep. The coolest thing was the "back 40" of his farm. Falcons, Rancheros, Galaxies, Fairlaines and pickups as far as the eyes of a child could see. Check the truck picture in my gallery. There were at least 6 more of these stuffed in the woods behind the house. The barns were stuffed with flatheads and mid-60's v-8s waiting their turn. It was the ultimate playground for me and my cousins. We just had to scare away the badgers before we climbed into a car to play.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Along for the ride

My dad was a diesel mechanic. I used to go to the shop with him and just hang out. When I was about 5, he did a complete rebuild of a camaro. It's the first car I remember riding in and I've been hooked ever since.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:12 PM

Last photo:

I was born with hot wheels in my hand. My older brother was into hot rods, so I got a the ragged hand me downs. I also built models for years. I still have about a hundred stashed away, most unbuit. I can't believe it took me 34 years to get to my first serious project.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:11 PM

Last photo:

I was born cursed with a love of cars.....

My parents kept pictures of cars I drew when I was 4 years old, I still have them.

In grade 6 we had to write a paper on "how something worked". I did the four stroke internal combustion engine.
I am *NOT* joking. I would have been 11 years old.

I would argue with my Dad about cars. I was in love with Jaguar XKE's when I was in Kindergarten. My grade 1 teacher had a 1970 GTO convertible. (OKay- she was old, but her car was HOT!)

I remember watching a Plymouth Superbird, brand new, drive off a car lot. I was 7 years old. I pointed it out to my Dad, and he explained "Anyone who likes that car is STOOOOPID because the wing is only good over 200 MPH, where are you going to drive 200 mph!!!" (EXACT words, I replayed them in my mind a million times..)
I must have been stupid. I was in love.

I assumed my kids would be in love with cars as madly as I am, but they aren't.
My Dad died years and years ago.

I can shake the memory of lost loves, but only if they were women.
The cars, I can never forget.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Heart Breaker and Life Taker

Last photo:

When i got my first sniff of gasoline at 9. Hooked since.
Later.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:47 PM

I got into cars, interestingly enough, because of my Grandmother. You see, when I was VERY young, she had a '68 Vette. Then she got a '76 Trans Am. Then she got a '78 Trans Am (after the '76 was totalled in the Blizzard of '78 in the Northeast). All this time my Grandfather was driving a '70 LeMans sport convertable with a 455 in it. That later became my 1st car. When I went to Trade school for high school, I wanted to go into the auto repair shop, but so did evey other kidd. It was full- up, so I took Diesel machine instead. I love cars!
Old 02-06-2004, 11:12 PM

Last photo:

Started at 8 with comics Clint curtis and the road knights,scot jackson and his rail ,cool hotrod comic books back then i still have them ,and all my hotrod bubble gum cards,show cars and drag cars .

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.