Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - When do you buy tools?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

When do you by tools

I am always on the lookout for tools, but I look for bargains. If I see a uneasily tool I try to figure out what is for or how can I use it. I don't like to go to town and pay full price for a tool that I haft to have. The same goes for bolts, nuts, screws and other supplies. It cost to much and takes to much time to chase these things. Every once in awhile on of those oddball tools will payoff. Having work around a tool crib you grow an appriciation for what tools can do for you.
I am fortunate to have a couple of file cabinets that was used for microfilm cards. These drawers are just a little taller than the width of card. These cabinets are about the all around same size as a regular four drawer file cabinet. And are 2 drawers wide and 10 rows high. 1/2 height of a plastic quart oil makes a good contianer for small thing. I can get 2 of the squarish or 3 retanglish containers inside the width a drawer and I don't know right now how many deep. But the point is there is plenty of storage and a way to get things sorted and organized. I think I paid $75 for the last one. Sorry about wondering off of the subject a little.