Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - When do you buy tools?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

A 24" breaker bar would be worth stopping for, that's for sure.

Just know that when I find a tool in the road, I always feel only good thoughts for the guy who lost it...so hopefully...someone....somewhere ....is thanking you every time he uses that breaker bar.

I used to live on a well traveled street .(county dump access road.. )Right in front of my house there was a big bump in the asphalt where a root from a big old pine tree was pushing it up.

Whenever a truck would hit that bump at speed it would pitch the bed up and anything that wasn't secured would fly out..
So along with the bags of garbage and tree cuttings and construction debris, I'd find other things...One day I found a Snap on 3/8 drive 24" extension, another time I found a set of channel lock 10" linemans pliers, another time a craftsman hand held vacuum pump...

You know another place to pick up tools is at estate sales. I like those because many times the tools that old guys have are very high quality. And I'm sure that the dead guy would be proud to know his tools found a new home where they will be appreciated. many times the prices are VERY good. ( Just last month, I bought a nearly new, Milwaukee electric shear for 15 dollars! I already had one, but for 15.00 I can afford to have 2 )

Can you tell I am very sentimental about my tools? I also have the collection that my grandfather left me, as well as all of my stepfather's collection of machinists tools and measuring equipment that he gave me a short while before he died. I bought a bunch of milwaukee grinders and electric tools from my sister in law after her husband died, she didn't need them ,but she appreciated the cash at a time when she needed it.

I hope someday when I am dead, someone will appreciate my collection, gathered from many sources.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example