When is the Revolution going to begin? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 07:00 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

When is the Revolution going to begin?

Its obvious that we will have another "Tea Party". With health costs spiralling out of control, taxes, fuel prices, jobs leaving, Social Security in the tank, etc. its due to happen.

When? The text book companies are looking for an inside track.....

Who will pay the price?

Will France step in and help out? (We helped them 4-5 times,fair is fair)

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 08:51 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

realistically now beenaway, when the same idiots keep voting for the people in power over and over, you and me and the rest of the right minded people on this board would have to take up arms against every republican and every democrat and we wouldn't stand a chance. if you are talking about a war anyway. besides. and i throw this in everybodys face anytime revolution is brought up. remember what happened at Kent State. and there were several other times when the national guard was brought out and didnt fire shots. like with Uncle Ronald Reagan in californicacia.

revolution can only be done in the polls. which means it can only be done with mass advertising budgets, which means you'll have to find a like-minded BILLIONAIRE like Ross fer Boss. anyway, nice thought.

(while i'm at it. if you carry my logic onto the next level, this pretty much negates the reasoning for our Right to Bear Arms. if we were to take up arms agin our govt we'd end up like Waco)
Old 04-28-2005, 09:01 AM

Last photo:

On the other hand, 20 CEOs from the largest U.S. based corporations could change the minds and hearts of every politicker in the country with the blessing of the American people. I know it's not likely to happen but it could happen.

Hit a politician in the pocket and he'll flip flop fast enough to make John Kerry dizzy.

Larry
Old 04-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Cleverly disguised as grownup

Last journal entry: Hollman & Moody
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenaway2long

Will France step in and help out? (We helped them 4-5 times,fair is fair)

If France had not stepped up and helped us win our independence, we'd still be sipping tea and bowing to the Queen. I get really tired of people bashing the French over the Iraq war, much less for their surrender in WW2. It turns out they were right about WMD's, and they only surrendered after 360,000 men women and children had been killed. And no I'm not French.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

We Will do the paying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenaway2long
Its obvious that we will have another "Tea Party". With health costs spiralling out of control, taxes, fuel prices, jobs leaving, Social Security in the tank, etc. its due to happen.

When? The text book companies are looking for an inside track.....

Who will pay the price?
Ask any veteran about who does the paying for all this...You and I bro..You and I..

This country is run by a professional ruling class and they are not about to give up any of their perks priveleges or sinecures no matter what it takes..

As far as who to vote in next time I do not have a clue..I can't see from here just who wants to improve things...

Henry Ford had it right when he instituted good wages so his workers could afford a Ford..and you know anytime I have seen it good is when the guy on the street had some jingle in his pockets left over after payday for some parts or paint for his hotrod..Or whatever else he had in mind..

I do wonder if we can find anyone to lead who has in mind the needs of the people of this country..

OMT
Old 04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

bill gates sounds good to me. he's got the requisite amount of money and seems like a regular guy. perfect. first. here i go getting arrested by the SS (secret service) again... but the al qaida has to blow up the whole entire congress and senate. what would you call that other than a fresh start?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:16 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

When is the Revolution going to begin? I think it has already begun. And it's going to be slow, long, and very painful. This is a revolution unlike our first, when we created a great concept and a great county. In this revolution we will see a great concept unraveled and a great county destroyed.

History tells us that EVERY great empire, EVERY great nation, eventually destroys itself (or is destroyed by outsiders). When a nation gets over confident, lax, uncaring, or unable to govern itself, it begins a great downfall. No matter how big, invincible, and powerful it might have once been. The Roman Empire is the prime example.

Beenaway's list of major problems in this thread and his even longer list in the "Pipe Dream" thread may signal the beginning of the end. It's not the problems that are so upsetting, its that our government appears totally incapable of dealing with them in an effective manner. They are proving as each day passes that we are no longer able to govern ourselves. And as many have already pointed out, it really doesn't matter who we vote for or who we elect...one party is just as incapable as the other.

This will not be a revolution in the sense that people will rise up and take control of their own destiny. We will be too comfortable to do that...until it is too late. By the time people see the writing on the wall, the country will be in such a downward spiral that it will not be able to recover. But it will be a revolution none the less because it will totally change the way of life in this country. I hope I am way off base about all this. I really do.

The revolution will not be televised.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:15 PM
wind & fire = guides to power

Last photo:

Get real, you/we are too fat lazy and pacified with the next little trick invention to get off our lazyboy and fight for what's right.
The revolution has begun, it's a technological revolution. The only people that can fight the revolution you call for you probably hate, muslims. they have {or try to have} no worldly desires. but technology has put them in their place. Technology from laser guided missles to robot "predators" that fly the sky.

The only things that will cause a revolution are lack of fuel and the rouge nuclear bomb.

And revolutions are cyclical. Try reading Matthew 3:12-13 and Matthew 24:15
"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' [ Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—
So Jesus says look for the Abomination of Desolation. CAN ANYBODY tell me what an "abomination" means? or what "desolation" means?
abomination

Daniel starts in the year 607bc and ends in 537bc, a 70 year period and the book of Habukkuk which also starts in the year 607.

it is a two fold story for then and the end

Habukkuk 2:3- For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Jesus says Daniel is a book for the end time. Habukkuk is written at the exact time Daniel begins and it itself says it is a story for the end time. It talks of Hitler , who burnt Jews in the fire just as happened in Daniel.

Hitler commits suicide but many follow his "faith"...Patriotic Nationalism with the country being the greatest entity and the individuals welfare being second{at greatest, usually the "allmighty" dollar is second}.{ Habukkuk 1:11-Then shall his mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend, imputing this his power unto his god. 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith./// and remember the professors little quip about a bunch of little "eichmans" in the WTC?}

I know you won't believe it;
Habukkuk 1:5-Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

It's all just a little bit of history repeating...it's just wheels inside of wheels. so give your little revolution 10 or 11 years and the cycle will have revolved again.

Last edited by NXS; 04-28-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
When is the Revolution going to begin? I think it has already begun. And it's going to be slow, long, and very painful. This is a revolution unlike our first, when we created a great concept and a great county. In this revolution we will see a great concept unraveled and a great county destroyed.

There is no revolution going on? In what way? Surely not voting a party out? Can't be! Your happy with the present tax system as you indicated those taxes are taking care of your sister by law. I mean nothing nasty by this but you want this care expanded and I with two c-corps estimate 70% of those corps and my personal income goes to taxes and hidden taxes such as gas taxes, fees, 941 taxes, property taxes, license plate taxes, etc.
So my vote just wiped out your vote if were talking about dumping a party.
So, where is this revolution? You hate Bush and I hate a Kerry just everyday politics.
Barry

This will not be a revolution in the sense that people will rise up and take control of their own destiny. We will be too comfortable to do that...until it is too late. By the time people see the writing on the wall, the country will be in such a downward spiral that it will not be able to recover. But it will be a revolution none the less because it will totally change the way of life in this country. I hope I am way off base about all this. I really do.

The revolution will not be televised.
There can never be a revolution until we see another depression or like.
We can all ***** all we want about this and that but until the depression comes no one is going to risk dieing or going to prison because life is just to good in this country.
Except in individual cases such as the Atlanta Olympic bombings, these Acts make great 6:00 news but do nothing else.

The only revolution is in your mind that you want more social programs
and the only revolution going on in my mind is I sick of paying for those programs.
Barry
Old 04-28-2005, 09:41 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

I am so down for some revolting!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Anarchy!!

Im with ghetto on this, I feel like revolting and raising some hell!
Im ready to blow something up REAL good!!!!

Brad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DYNAMITE!!!.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	4814  
Old 04-28-2005, 11:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
The only revolution is in your mind that you want more social programs
I would respectfully request that in these discussion we not fabricate erroneous statements about one another. We ought to be able to have civil discussions without resorting to such cheap shots. It is simply a flat out lie that I have ever advocated for "more social programs" and I resent you putting words to that effect in my mouth.

Quote:
Your happy with the present tax system
Your claim that I am "happy with the present tax system" is also a total fabrication on your part. Not you, or anyone else on God's great earth, has EVER heard me say such a thing.

Quote:
You hate Bush and I hate a Kerry
You may hate John Kerry, but that is no reason to assume, much less put in print for others to read, a false claim that I hate our President.

Quote:
I mean nothing nasty by this but you want this care expanded...(referring to Social Security Disability Insurance for my sister-in-law)
If you mean nothing nasty, then why make up the lie that I "want this care expanded". I have never once suggested on this forum, or in any other forum for that matter, that the disability insurance program ought to be expanded. Social Security Disability is an INSURANCE program - not some sort of welfare handout. She paid her premiums. She is totally disabled. Why should she expect anything less than the coverage she was promised under federal law? THAT was my point. And I am furious that you would portray that post as some sort of plea to "expand" ANY government program.

BarryK, I've always had a great deal of respect for the knowledge and helpfulness you've displayed on this forum. To my knowledge, I think I have always treated you and all others on this forum with dignity and respect. I can't for the life of me figure out why you have chosen to mis-characterize my prior posts and generate these lies about me, my personal beliefs, and my personal life. I don't take offense at much, but I do take offense when someone impugns my character in such a way.

Dewey
Old 04-29-2005, 05:41 AM

Last photo:

No Cboy,
Like I tried to say, this is just mine, yours included, personal opinion,

I'm going by all your posts in last week or so and point is some people want
social programs because of their situation, like your sister and I understand and than you have the others that want less social programs like me because of my situation.

Like I tried to say nothing can be done nor will be done (by the people) until the economy goes south as far as a revolution of any kind because you just cannot get all people thinking the same way on any subject.
With the exception of illegals.

Because I disagree with you does not mean I'm attacking you.

Anyway thats my say and will let you have the last say.
Barry
Old 04-29-2005, 07:24 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
I'm going by all your posts in last week or so
Please show me the post where I said I "want more social programs".

Please show me the post where I said I "hate Bush".

Please show me the post where I said I "want this care extended" (meaning SSDI).

Please show me the post where I said I am "happy with the present tax system".

Quote:
Like I tried to say, this is just mine, yours included, personal opinion
If this were a discussion over a difference of our opinions I would have no problem with it whatsoever. You must be missing my point. You may have correctly stated YOUR opinion but you have flat out lied about or fabricated MY opinion.

If you are going to debate "my 'opinion" in one of your posts, please get it right. I don't mind a debate over honest opinion in the least. But I do mind when you simply make up untrue statements about what you think I hold as a personal opinion and try to demonize me or characterize my views in an untruthful manner.

If I were to say, for example, that I opposed your view that pedophiles should be allowed to have sex with underage males, I would guess you would strongly object to my giving the 20,000 members of this forum the impression you supported such man-boy relationships. And it would hardly be sufficient for me to simply respond, "well, I was just going by your prior posts" - unless I could cite chapter and verse where you specifically said you supported man-boy sexual activity. For me to do otherwise would show a complete lack of respect for you as a human being.

You say you are going by all my posts. That should make it easy then. It will all be right there in black and while. So please show me where I made ANY of the statements you claim I made.

Dewey
Old 04-29-2005, 09:21 AM

Last photo:

Don't get too upset fellas. A lot of people are learning a great deal from this and a few other discussions going on here. I am one of them.

I've had my head in the sand far too long concerning our government, most of this country has. The only way that me or anyone else will ever learn the real effects of bad government is to listen to the people being governed. That's us. It's real hard to do when we're arguing instead of talking.

Maybe only ten or twenty people will see our discussions here and learn something from them, those ten or twenty can speak five people each and let them know that others think the same way, so on and so forth. That's the only way the poeple of this country will ever know that they all feel pretty much the same way about the larger issues. The talking heads inside the lobotomy box sure as hell won't convey that message. It's up to the people to listen and be listened to.

Larry

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.