When will the madness stop? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse S-10
HUH??? Oh, yea sure Dave
A true gentleman always slows down below 10 MPH before pushing a woman out of a moving car for a remark like that.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2005, 10:16 AM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

the "big wheel" on the classics has been going on down here for a while. They tend to use the Buicks and Oldsmobiles, you see it alot. It looks stupid. I dont care what you do to your SUV, but leave the nice cars alone. theres a buick around the corner from me with 22's, its a really nice shade of blue, but the wheels make it look like Ca-Ca.

the only relief is it wont be long before the owner sells it it, and its not too hard to go back to a regular size of wheel...
Old 05-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Learning something every day

Last journal entry: Adding some tunes
Last photo:

I always laugh and give a 1 finger salute. I hate how these cars look and I see them all the time where I work at. The funniest one I remember there was a black guy drove up with some early 90s carolla or somethin like that. He was running hot so I let him use the hose behind the store to fill up his radiator. While he was doing this, I looked in the car and saw some 22" rims that looked like a piece of tin. The guy saw me looking at the rims and he said that is car is gonna be pimp with those wheels on it. I just started laughing and went back int the store.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:53 AM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Those cars do look ridiculous.There are several cruising the strip here.All show,no go.My new favorite though is the Corolla,Voyager,Tempo that has the plastic 13 " "Spinner" hubcaps.They fly up to the red light and slam on the brakes at the last minute so you can see the cap spin.They sound like a electric motor with sand in the bearings too. The coolest ones I have seen are the Maltese Cross caps. Yeah bud,you are too cool.As a matter of fact,you are the coolest.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle
Those cars do look ridiculous.There are several cruising the strip here.All show,no go.My new favorite though is the Corolla,Voyager,Tempo that has the plastic 13 " "Spinner" hubcaps.They fly up to the red light and slam on the brakes at the last minute so you can see the cap spin.They sound like a electric motor with sand in the bearings too. The coolest ones I have seen are the Maltese Cross caps. Yeah bud,you are too cool.As a matter of fact,you are the coolest.
Fo Reals dawg, them things is tight! I gots ta get me some of them.

B-rad
Old 05-24-2005, 03:03 PM

Last photo:

nothing wrong big wheels in my opinion. i just dont like the fact that a lot ppl are starting to LIFT cars to fit their wheels.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Look in the new issue of Truckin' this month. Asanti has some jeweled rims at get this......$250,000.00. Not 25 hundred...two hundred and fifty thou for a set of four. I would hope like hell they have free shipping!!! One of the websites have Asanti rims at $11,500.00 for four with tires. Foose one off rims are around $7000.00 apiece so 28g's a set. It has gotten way out of hand when the wheels are worth way more than the car they go on. OK I found this from their site. I'll see if I can post a pic of the wheel....

11/2/04
Asanti introduces the $250,000.00 jewel addition forged wheels. Asanti Jewel Wheels-
11/2/04

Asanti Wheels introduces the ultimate in luxury wheels. Featuring 63,000 total carats of princess cut cubic zirconium stones for the set. This patent pending concept allows the creative stone aspect of jewelry to be applied to the face of most Asanti wheel styles.

The discriminating buyer has the option to choose from several color stones such as fire red, emerald green, canary yellow and clear. The face of the wheel can then be color matched to the buyers vehicle or finished in a variety of choices ranging from chrome to 24k gold, or any other desired wheel finish. With all these options the Buyer has the ability to create a truly unique and custom set of luxury wheels.

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newslrg1.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	5084  

Last edited by Kevin45; 05-24-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:42 PM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

if you but 250k rims on a 1k car, is the car then worth 251k? something tells me the insurance man would laugh at me...
Old 05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle

my moms Ford Contour is getting some of those this week. Along with a "5.0" side emblem I got for free (no, I didnt steal it off a stang )

Mike
Old 05-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

[QUOTE=truckshc]nothing wrong big wheels in my opinion. i just dont like the fact that a lot ppl are starting to LIFT cars to fit their wheels. [QUOTE]

There really is nothing wrong with bigger rims, as long as you make them look good, Like the cars in your pictures. The ones that look stupid are ones that get a beat up 1k dollar car that barely runs, and put those big rims on there to make your car look good. Or just stick some big spinning rims on a new suv and claim to have a "custom" ride.

Brad
Old 05-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Reminds me of the kids walking around with untied sneakers and one hand permanently holding up pants that are down around their knees. Have you ever day-dreamed about getting in a foot race with one of those guys like I have?!?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Beats pickin' cotton

Last photo:

I was driving home last night in my 66' lemans with the top down and in the traffic I see a 64' Merc vert gaining on me. As it catches me I look to give them a thumbs up, and darn if the car didn't have those ugly ***** wheels to kill the look of the car!! Darn shame....
Old 08-04-2005, 10:27 AM

Last journal entry: Shaved the badges
Last photo:

Not trying to stir anything up but the cars in th origanal post were reffered to as being riced out. These are 2 completely different car cultures here and none of the pictured cars are imports nor are most of the dub wearing cars on the road.

I am an unembarassed import owner who would drive my car into a wall before I let you put dink rims on my car.

In the future please do not confuse tuner whips with "BLINGBLING look at me I have a small penis" ghetto hoopties.

Example heres what I roll
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	6200   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	6201  

Last edited by DOG; 08-04-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:35 AM

Last photo:

As far as I'm concerned, someone ruined a nice 69 or 70 Blazer in the pictures above. I think it is a fad that, ten years from now, the owners will look back and say " What was I thinking?" J.C. Whitney anyone?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
efilnekcufecin

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse01
you pull up beside 'em wearing a rebel flag hat and talk like them like

Hey homey G-funk i'll take yo' whip wit my ride when the light turns granizzle my nizzle

Then when you blow there doors off you shoot 'em the "bird"

J
Yes,that will show'em...It will show them all.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.