Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Where to buy bolts and bins (tired of running into town)
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 07:51 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I use the plastic bins from Harbor Freight and they work just fine, they come with strips to mount them so I mounted mine on boards nailed to the wall. They completely cover the boards so if appearance is a concern these look neat in a nice garage plus you can add more if you need them. I buy bolts at Tractor Supply by the pound and when my supply starts to get low I make a list of the sizes am running low on so I can pick up only what I need. I actually have two sets of these bins, one for the grade five bolts that I mostly use and another for the more expensive grade 8 for when they are needed. Unless cost is just no concern I suggest considering two bins because using grade 8 for everything can get very expensive and while they are needed for some jobs, it makes little sense to use grade 8 fasteners for fender bolts for instance. Likewise it would be dangerous to use grade 5 for a suspension so both types are needed, having only one or the other is almost as annoying as having none at all!

I too live in Tn and where I live I sometimes wish it was only 20 minutes to a hardware store, in my case it's about twice that! I like the peace of living in the boonies but sometimes it gets to be a hassle when I need something, especially when I get held up by a small inexpensive item like a bolt.