Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Where to buy bolts and bins (tired of running into town)
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have a couple of Papco-Paulin 12-compartment "MOD-U-BIN" bolt bins (see their PDF catalog, Page 10 P/N 022-020)

I have them filled with Grade 5 *bright plated* nuts, bolts, flat & lock washers in most of the "common" lengths. (1/4, 5/16, 3/8" UNC)
I mention "bright plated" because that is the requirement here in Canada.

I also have a very nice selection of various length deck/fence screws and spiral nails that I keep in labeled, clear-plastic, 1-qt drink-rcystal containers. They have screw-on lids that are large enough to get your hands inside.

I also have 2 of those "El Cheapo" clear plastic small-parts bins. I keep small quantities of finishing nails and other misc fasteners, marrettes, etc in one of them, and devote the other bin to smaller screws of various types. One compartment will usually hold one of those hardware-store packs of #8 x 5/8" oval head wood screws for example.

Having all of this handy *sure does* save a lot of trips out for hardware.

Papco also has what they call "Handy-Pak" bins. (See page 17) They hold the cardboard "HandyPaks" that are all sold at one price. Smaller items means larger quantities, and vice-versa.

I dunno ... I saw them as wasting a lot of space, as many of the packages are less than 1/2 full. As someone else pointed out, I suppose you could fill them as full as you like with bulk hardware.

Last edited by 66GMC; 10-13-2011 at 08:23 PM.