Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - where to buy a SAE 45* flare tubing seat cutter?
View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2007, 07:48 PM
powerrodsmike's Avatar
powerrodsmike powerrodsmike is offline Moderator
Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: gilroy, california
Age: 56
Posts: 4,104
Wiki Edits: 161

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Many times a brass insert is cut with the inverted flare seat and pressed into a bored recess in the part. I know that master cylinders are made that way. That type of part can be made on a lathe.

How many of these parts are you making?

If you are doing a bunch, like Dugg said, a custom cutter may be the way to go.

You'd try one of these guys who do custom tooling.

( I never used these particular people, I just googled "custom tooling"

Here is a company I found that made a tool called a "cone cutter", this one is a 10* but it looks like it's the right idea.


IIRC, rutland and enco offer custom services as well.

later, mikey
my signature lines...not really directed at anyone in particular..

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 11-24-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote