where can I find pics of a 65 wagon tailgate assembly???? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLNOLAN
THATS IT !!!!!Thank you so much...You guys are are the best,I really mean it...
I had a feeling it also had a torsion bar too, I found a salvage yard in Missouri that has a 64 wagon but he didnt know if the parts were interchangeable.Now I know they are...This old guy got all excited when I found the missing trim pieces and clips at the junk yard yesterday,He's gonna freak out tomorrow...Tell ya the truth ,ya made my day too..

I got one more question. How did you find that link? It would be nice to know if I ever get In a jamb again ...I knew the info had to be out there but I didnt have any luck finding it...
Thank You All
...I really apprecieate your effort
BTW the old guy is a disabled Vet that brought some lead home with him and all anyone seemed to want to do was screw him because he didnt know cars he just wanted his wagon restored that he bought new when he got back from Nam and hes meeting up with a few of his Nam buddys in April and wanted his car to go with him.........God bless our vets...

Last edited by deadbodyman; 02-03-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Heres a couple pics of the car the first is of the gate and the holes I suspected were for the tracks/guides...The guy put a ton of money in this car,it still has the origainal 283 and power glide but all redone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7459.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	839.8 KB
ID:	52258   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7460.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	52259   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7462.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	970.0 KB
ID:	52260   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7458.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	52261  
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sweet

That's a straight ride Man, I'd like to dump a Big Block,T400, 4.56's & slicks and go drag race the old fker.

About the link, all I can say is Goggle is good, but you have to use good search words.

Glad I could help a good ol boy. olnolan

Oh, Tell that ol boy with the wagon thanks for doing Nam, tell him alot of folks appreciate him more than he knows.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 AM
My pipes are my music

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
BTW the old guy is a disabled Vet that brought some lead home with him and all anyone seemed to want to do was screw him because he didnt know cars he just wanted his wagon restored that he bought new when he got back from Nam and hes meeting up with a few of his Nam buddys in April and wanted his car to go with him.........God bless our vets...
Thaks DBM for taking care of his ride. It's a good payback for answering the call to duty and long over due.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Yep---those holes are for the glass guide channel

The screw will be either stainless or chrome 1/4-20 hex bolt that has a very thin head and a large washer with it----only about 1/2" long

Same type of screw holding the lower glass run in the front doors (if it has these) (my 66 Elky has them in the door, under the latch)
Old 02-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Oh---those screws will be in virtually ALL hardtop or Converts---may not be in a sedan (but the 64-67 Elky)
Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 AM
My pipes are my music

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan59EC
Oh---those screws will be in virtually ALL hardtop or Converts---may not be in a sedan (but the 64-67 Elky)
Not to make fun of Y'all but, How's those heaters working in Texas?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 AM
My pipes are my music

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzbox
Thaks DBM for taking care of his ride. It's a good payback for answering the call to duty and long over due.
deadbodyman, Being a paint and body guy, you might apreciate a photo of some vintage old car with a soon to be Veteran's pride and joy in 1969.
It's a 60 Impala, 348 4 bbl, with a fresh RED paint job and a 19 yr old private.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-01-05 20-59-58.802.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	52299  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

DB, you're one of the good guys, bless you for taking the time to help this guy out.

Google is the bomb if you take time to learn how to use it. I ALWAYS use the advanced search function, the more you play, the better you will get at finding things. Cheeses my wife sometimes, she will be looking for something for hours, I will find it in minutes.

Another Google function is images, play with that when you have a few hours on your hands. And when I play poker I will use the language function to know what the players are saying, open Google on a separate tab, copy and paste the chat, interpret in Google.
Long live Google!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzbox
deadbodyman, Being a paint and body guy, you might apreciate a photo of some vintage old car with a soon to be Veteran's pride and joy in 1969.
It's a 60 Impala, 348 4 bbl, with a fresh RED paint job and a 19 yr old private.
You better believe it.......I love those old pics I have a bunch of my dad, uncles and grandfathers with their cars I even have one of dear old granny posing on the hood of an old 50something caddy in a bathing suit when she was 18 Looking like a model in a car ad...Shes in her 80s now but she still loves it when I pull out that old picture...
Old 02-04-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
DB, you're one of the good guys, bless you for taking the time to help this guy out.

Google is the bomb if you take time to learn how to use it. I ALWAYS use the advanced search function, the more you play, the better you will get at finding things. Cheeses my wife sometimes, she will be looking for something for hours, I will find it in minutes.

Another Google function is images, play with that when you have a few hours on your hands. And when I play poker I will use the language function to know what the players are saying, open Google on a separate tab, copy and paste the chat, interpret in Google.
Long live Google!
LOL ,I didnt even know there was such a thing I just hit search. I started using the computer two years ago when I googled hotrods and this site came up and I became a member.... I cant even begin to explain how much this site has helped me,I keep telling everyone you can find out anything here just ask,someone will know ,and not just with cars ,everything. I could barely send an email back then.and who knows I might just be photoshopping this year.The computer is an amazing tool but it really only connects us with each other....
Dinger dont tell your wife but cheeses is a very unusual and kinda funny name ....She from wisconson??????
Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Dinger dont tell your wife but cheeses is a very unusual and kinda funny name ....She from wisconson??????
Boy, talk about proper usage of language.....nope, my wife's' name is Judy, but it "cheeses" her or pisses her off..LMAO...I've had one midwest wife, don't need another, this one is from S. Cal. and works for the local police dept., I heard the cops on the force won't look her in the eye. She may be a distant relative of your wife.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM

Awe,Bigfoots not too bad once you get past the hairy armpit (she's half french you know) Now ,her mama on the other hand...
Old 02-05-2011, 04:46 AM
My pipes are my music

Last photo:

CHEESES, CHEESIN' That's two words I aways use for someone smiling with all 32 teeth. Like this
Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 AM

CHEESIN RICE,If I had 32 teef I'd smile like that too.
My little 4yr old grand daughter doesnt even have all her teeth yet and she can cuss like a sailor... The other day she told the dog "get your as's in here"

Of coarse I"M the one that gets punished.....
I'm going to have to learn my cheese's a little better...

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.