Where do I get wiring diagram / "how-to's" for a 67 Lemans? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2004, 01:55 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Where do I get wiring diagram / "how-to's" for a 67 Lemans?

I just bought a 67 lemans to mess around with, I know how to do all the engine work and such that will be necessary but for some reason I've never done any auto wiring in my life.
The car's wiring is dangling in the engine bay and under the dash. It looks like that guy who had it before me tried to wire it and got about halfway done and quit.
As far as I can tell all the necessary electrical parts are there, it's just a matter of connecting the right things together.
Anyway, my question is where can I get a decent wiring diagram for this 67 pontiac lemans? Any other links / info on the subject that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Your best bet would be to try to find a factory repair manual for your car. Might find one at a swap meet or through a magazine like Hemmings. Someone here might have a diagram that they could scan and email you.

You should try to get a manual anyways, they are invaluable.

Budget RVs
Old 02-27-2004, 06:56 PM

Wiring

Most modern wiring harnesses have wires that are labeled every few inches as to where they go. If they aren't labeled, and it looks like a "new" wiring harness to the car, try to find out what kind it is and contact the manufacturer.

You can sometimes find wiring diagrams on E-bay for sale pretty cheap. If you have never done wiring work before it may not make a lot of sense to you. Most aren't color coded. I did see some company color coding their wiring diagrams, but I can't remember where I seen that now. They may be on E-bay too. Still, it's no guarantee it will match your color of wires to the color that is on the diagram.

Personally, if it was me, and the wires weren't labeled, I wouldn't trust what the guy before me did and just get a new modern wiring harness that has labeled wires and has other forms of support from the manufacturer. Unless you feel you really NEED a harness that looks like an original, most are reasonably priced.

If you absolutely have to have a "clone" of your original wiring harness, get ready to fork over the big bucks and go to M&H wiring harnesses. Otherwise, check out Painless, Haywire, Centech, American Autowire, and others.

Steve
Old 03-25-2004, 03:23 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

NICE FRIKKEN CAR MAN!!! i'm still lookin to getta manual myself. would like a factory job but for cheap and quick i've found haynes diagrams way better than a chiltons. welcome to the site. therr are pontiac only ones out there ya know too. we just got the smartest one's over-all
Old 04-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last photo:

i agree, i think haynes is better than chiltons, but I can't seem to find either for my car. I think you can get a factory service manual from ames performance... would this have pretty much the same information as a haynes manual?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Kansas City Steve

I have 67 Lemans User Manual

I have a Users Manual for a 67 Lemans. I know this is an old post but maybe someone else needs some info. Let me know. Also if you still have your 67 Lemans, let me know

Steve (67 Lemans Man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdale
I just bought a 67 lemans to mess around with, I know how to do all the engine work and such that will be necessary but for some reason I've never done any auto wiring in my life.
The car's wiring is dangling in the engine bay and under the dash. It looks like that guy who had it before me tried to wire it and got about halfway done and quit.
As far as I can tell all the necessary electrical parts are there, it's just a matter of connecting the right things together.
Anyway, my question is where can I get a decent wiring diagram for this 67 pontiac lemans? Any other links / info on the subject that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.