Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Where do you do most of your work?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:50 PM

Last journal entry: A few more
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Up till about 7years ago I worked in a small 1 car garage or outside on the gravel driveway. I was introduced to a fellow who is now as close to me as my own brother. He had built a shop for plans to retire doing what he loves and that is working on and restoring old cars like ourselves.His love is 49 to 51 Mercs and Monarchs.The only thing is he had no one to help him. His only son has some mental problems and is up and down frequently. We hit it off right away and after these last few years of alot of after work hours and alot of bucks saved from paying customers we are finally fully operational with an engine room, paint booth,car hoist and all the goodies. I am very fortunate to have met such a great friend that has the same intrests as myself. We just wish we had met 30 years ago. The shop is 38'x 72' with 14' ceilings. I think we all pay our dues on our backs in the cold and snow under a car but for some of us we get lucky and I am grateful of this every day. There are a few guys around here that rent some barn space from some of the farmers around here and there is more and more guys builing very inexpensive work areas out of greenhouse hoops and 4x4. The poly that is used on greenhouses now adays will last 6to eight years. You cand put up an 18' x 30' green house for under 1000.00 . Good luck on all your projects. Cheers!!!