Where Do You Guys Buy Bead Blasting Media locally?? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Experienced Amateur

Last wiki edit: Automobile body and frame rotisserie
Wiki Edits: 2

Ohhhh, so you arent using a blasting cabinet...YIKES! To be honest with ya, Id use other methods, such as a wire wheel, etc, cuz even for a small spot, youll probably spend more time cleaning up your garage than working or blasting. That stuffs messy enough inside a cabinet, its horrible out in the open.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 01:11 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wow no kidding. Actually I am someone else garage so that could really be bad. If I was to carefully mask off the area I was going to glass bead blast do you think it would still cause a huge mess? I am thinking tape and using plastic bags in the area. Its a small area I would do something like 1x9 where the wheel well seam is rusted.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:21 AM

soda media clean/safe or rust converter (auto store)

Blow out the spiders leaf blower/or compressor.Maybe take most of air out of tires when moving to have more control.Soda may need converter and be dry.The acid in pepsi/coke can be found in hardware type store.You can fill a small tub or kiddie pool,Naval jelly or rust converter.You can powder coat wheel,if chrome powder coat (plastic) applies to chrome well. Good luck! PS can get done at headstone place,radiator shop or online yellow pages "sand blasting"
Old 11-26-2011, 06:34 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

wet blaster ?

I made a 6 ft blast cabinet then my son bought a used 3 ft cabinet. On the big cabinet I made a 2 in plastic pipe into an exhaust, I drilled some holes along it and have about 20 ft of flex pipe hooked to a vacuum. and it is outside under a cover. I bought a wet blaster from northern tool, It hooks up to my 3500 psi pressure washer. I haven't done any large pieces, but NO DUST just a wet mess everywhere. I was digging a pipeline trench down by the river and found lava sand, clean enough to use for brick motor, an unlimited supply
Old 11-26-2011, 07:04 AM

Bead material

Harbor Freight or Northern Tools have it for $29 for 50lb box. Defintely use a breathing mask and hook up vacumn to blaster cabinet. Whats good about the glass media it can be used on anything,metal,steel,tin, stainless and especially aluminum without damage like sand can do. I even cleaned up some solid rubber antique Radio Flyer wagon tires with it. no damage and look new.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.