Hot Rod Forum banner

where does the vacume lines connect?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MI2600 
#1 ·
I have a Th350 chevy transmission with a 350 chevy engine, non computer controlled, no emissions just pcv valve.
after installing the engine and transmission I installed a 4 barrel carter afb competition carb and intake manafold.
I am trying to figure out vacume hoses, where does the air vacume line comming out of my transmission attach to the carburator?(right or left) And how much vacume at idle? basicaly how do I test to make sure I am getting enough vacume?
Where does the distributer's vacume advance hose attach to?
Where does the brake booster hose attach to?

#2 ·
ok, transmission I have no idea. The other two I can give you general suggestions so that you can find it with a vac guage, but not the exact port. The vacume advance hooks up to whats called a "ported" vacume. It should be higher up on the carb (mayby not) and should read low, but when you gun the engine, it should shoot up (where a normal vacume port will be high and go down when you gun it). Brake booster goes to manifold vacume, and there should probably be a port right on the intake manifold. If not, find one that has a constant high reading at idle and drops when you hit it. I have no idea how the transmission kickdown works. I would try to hook it up to a manifold vacume and see what happens. Good luck
-Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.