Where the heck are the regs that always post here. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2006, 04:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Where the heck are the regs that always post here.

Whats up, where are all the long time posters in the body exterior forum been hiding. I've only seen Barry, Brian,Jim and Roger post a few times lately, and alot of the others seem to be kinda quiet lately, Like Badbob, BK, mrclean,bee, and randy I haven't seen post or must have missed it. You guys aren't trapped out in the garage under a car are you? or are you ignoring everyone or being punished and have your privileges taken away?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,323 Times in 1,148 Posts
I don't know, I have been wondering that myself.

Brian
Old 01-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Apparently Randy Ferguson has jumped ship and taken a few members with him to a site dedicated to the SPI paint line.

http://spi.forumup.org/about3-15-spi.html
Old 01-28-2006, 06:00 PM

Last photo:

I can only speak for myself, I backed off because when we post we were dragging problems with us and there is no need to waste everyone else's time with that crap.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:11 PM

Last photo:

Ohh, okay. That sucks cause I really like to hear what others who have been here for awhile have to say on different topics. Also lets me know when if I happen to be giving bad advice. There are a lot of new people on here lately, but many I don't feel I know yet.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:58 PM

Last journal entry: metal finish

I have took a little hiatus for a bit too.. the forum has been moving a little slower then usual. prolly due to this wonderful weather that comes this time of year
Old 01-28-2006, 07:57 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
I can only speak for myself, I backed off because when we post we were dragging problems with us and there is no need to waste everyone else's time with that crap.
Agreed, every time you would post a reply almost... it became a circus and was not appropriate for the forum..It gets hard to bite your tongue everyday... Often times just better to be seen and not heard... ever heard that one???
Old 01-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

I don't know shemp anyway so who cares what I have to say or someone else gets credit for my insite.
Actually,With the weather being so mild this winter,I've had paint work to do after work and being that I'm SO addicted to airbrushing now, I spend what time I have online at the AB forums trying to learn MORE about IT.
I check in most everyday but it's the "usual" "How much to paint my car","What primer do I use?" stuff and such so I just cruse on.

Thanks for askin though.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:17 AM

Last photo:

Yeah, I'll agree with you there bee, seems like a lot of the similar topics lately that have been answered so many times before, which a search could get the answers to. Ohh well. Glad to see you guys are still lurking around here occasionally anyways. I know what you mean about the weather bee. Friday it was 50 here, unheard of in WI in Jan, and managed to get an oil and filter change done, but suppose to be some snow coming soon. Can't wait for spring. I've been watching for and iwata hpc airbrush to show up at the right price, would like to start dabbling with an airbrush a little. Do they have any support groups for your airbrush addiction, hi My name is Bee and I am an airbrushaholic. Its been a few hours since I last touched an airbrush.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

Do yourself a BIG favor and get the Iwata Revolution 4500 from Dixie Art or Coast.
It's the SAME as the HP-C or 9500,whatever they are calling it now and it COMES with solvent PROOF rings & seals where as the orginal HP-C only has solvent RESISTANT.Also has the .5 needle. The only other difference is it doesen't come with the body cut out for the needle. I got one 3 weeks ago and I just love it for the bigger stuff. It's like $65.00 compaired to almost $100 for the HP-C.
I got a Hi-Line HP-CH as well with a .3 or.35,don't remember off hand but it's great for detail and has the MAC air controll valve which is the SHEMP for controll. It's kinda high in price but it's a great all around brush.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 AM

Last photo:

Thanks for the tips Bee. I've been looking to get a good all around brush, one that is pretty good for detail work also. Would like to get a decent one starting out, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. The cheapest hp-c I found was just over 100 shipped, been watching them on ebay, but they were going for more then that on there. The paasches and badgers seem more affordable, but seems like iwatas are preferred. I'll have to keep what you suggested in mind. Probably won't get a real lot of use starting out, I am not in a real hurry but one is definitley on my list of tools to buy. Lots of things I'd like to buy if cash came easy.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:19 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenseth17
Whats up, where are all the long time posters in the body exterior forum been hiding. I've only seen Barry, Brian,Jim and Roger post a few times lately, and alot of the others seem to be kinda quiet lately, Like Badbob, BK, mrclean,bee, and randy I haven't seen post or must have missed it. You guys aren't trapped out in the garage under a car are you? or are you ignoring everyone or being punished and have your privileges taken away?
Nope, not trapped under a car right now LOL, but I gotta say I did have a dream the other night- In the dream I was working on the underside of a floor under the rear of the car when I looked at the jackstand mounted under the rear axle and it was slowly folding and the car was coming down fast so I rolled and pushed to get out from under the car as fast as I could. Needless to say I ended up on the floor about 4 feet from the side of the bed with the wife yelling what the hell is going on?, the dogs were barking which woke up the kids. I just shook my head and went back to bed.

The forum recently was a little stale in my opinion, I've been working more hours than normal and getting a little cabin fever. I always stop in and see what's going on, if it's interesting I'll jump in but lately just repeats of past topics it seems. It must be the time of year, other forums I've been at seem the same. We need some new interesting stuff. Bob
Old 01-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,323 Times in 1,148 Posts
Ok Bob, I am looking for a place that manufacturers cans like juice cans, soup cans, that sort of thing. I want to buy these cans sealed up, with nothing inside. I also want a place that makes labels. Do you have any ideas where I can get these?

No, I am not kidding.

Brian
Old 01-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Ok Bob, I am looking for a place that manufacturers cans like juice cans, soup cans, that sort of thing. I want to buy these cans sealed up, with nothing inside. I also want a place that makes labels. Do you have any ideas where I can get these?

No, I am not kidding.

Brian
Brian...Before you seal them up, send them up here and I will fill them full of "Fresh Canadian Air"..................we will make a fortune.......
Old 01-30-2006, 06:02 AM
The Penny Pincher

Last journal entry: Hanging Bumpers
Last photo:

Yea, people get busy and get away for a while.
I've been real slow here at work so I've had time to post,
on the weekdays anyway.
As soon as we get busy I'll probably be on here less.
BK went out and got a job, thet's why he's not here as much.
I think he's going to try "working" for a living.
Thet's a new concept for the "kid" (LOL)

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.