Where to Start..... - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 06:57 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

35, sorry for the delay, but had to make a quick trip North to your neck of the woods for a funeral. Mac's has 16 different catalogues and you have to specify which ones you desire. You want the Ford Early V-*, 1932-1948 and the Ford Street Rod 1909-1948. The 800 number is 777-0948 and can also go online at macsautoparts.com. I am in Western N.C. about 10 hrs from Dearborn!!!. Sounds like you want a restro rod. A car that is very much origional in appearance, but with the more modern drive train, suspension and even air conditioning for comfortable cruising. If you have most of the car and you do all the work, $20,000 should do fine!!. Finding a second (Pass side tail light bracket is near impossible. You may want to forget about origional ones and go with 37 or 40 lights that are reproduced and will look good on the 35. Got you covered on the headlight buckets Send me a PM with your address and I'll put them in the mail.Also, send your email and I will give you a bunch of ideals you can play around with. It sounds like you do not have a frame so buying a ready made one with all the goodies may just be the best way in the long run asnd certainaly save you a bundle of time as well as help with the space problem!!

Trees

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2003, 11:36 PM

Last photo:

Hey 35Ford,

I'm doing my first project too and I basically followed the same plan pasadena set out for you, that's good advice.

The thing that has saved me the most is a digital camera and a crappy old laptop. I bring them both to the garage.

Everytime you're about to take a part out of the car, take a few pictures of it first and then after its out take 4 or 5 pictures from every angle. If your anything like me you will think to yourself, Oh I'll just remember that this peice goes here... Maybe if you're back at it the next day but a week later details get foggy.

I also take a bunch of pictures of the peices after I sand and paint them, its cool to show people before and after shots.

Also buy a couple boxes of zip lock bags, and bag and label all the screws and bulbs and misc bits. That might seem obvious but it really will save you at some point.
Old 03-15-2003, 05:46 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

35, just received a small catalogue from Bob Drake today and he has just made a fibber out of me. He is now offering both right and left tail light brackets for the 35!!

Trees
Old 03-23-2003, 10:45 PM
ASE Master

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

When you remove the interior parts take them out the best you can to save them for templates for the new. Especially the headliner. will save you a lot of grief later. I'm working on an original 36 Ford 3 window now. Was a driver original but now a retro rod. Ray

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.