Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Where to Start.....
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 05:10 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chris, I am very familiar with the 3536 and 37 Fords. They have a lot of interchangable parts which will help you along the way. Also, there are some very good reproduction parts vendors and you need to get their catalogues. Mac's has an extensive catalogue and is good to deal with, Bob Drake and Dennis Carpwenter have quality stuff but Bob Drake's catalogue is something to be desired. He has been promising one for about 7 years! He does have on-line shopping at bobdrake.com. Dennis Carpenter has a very good catalogue. Both he and Bob Drake make a lot of their parts in house and they are top quality. Only my opinion, but they try not to duplicate each other and they both sell the others parts. Mac's offer them as well. Pasadena gave you some good pointers. You are behind the eight ball since the car is in pieces. You have not said what your intentions are: restoration or street rod? In either case, I would start at the ground up. Do the frame and running gear which includes the motor, tranny, rear end shocks, brakes, springs, steering, gas tank etc etc. Then I would get the body ready to put back on the frame, do the fenders and running boards and and then do the interior and wiring. I would save the doors for last. I still have some old parts laying around and if I have any thing that you might need, they are yours for the shipping cost.