Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where in the T-350 is this part located?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  painted jester 
#1 ·
Hello!
I bought a th350 (chevy) that was rebuilt but he forgot to install this part:

I've checked part diagrams and the wiki thread but I can't locate this part?

I've absolutely no experiences in auto transmissions so this is probably a stupid question but if someone could tell me where this part should be and the function of it I would be very grateful!

I'll buy the " Turbo Hydra-Matic 350 Handbook" but I can't get in my hand until tuesday and I need the tranny in the car like now so I can't wait for it..

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
LATECH said:
Thats the throttle valve pressure rod ( commonly referred to as the Kickdown cable)
It goes in the hole in a paddle (lever) inside the trans and sticks up into the hole that the " Kickdown" cable goes into.

Thanks!!!
I've never figure that out.

Is it only to hook it up in something down in the hole or do I need to open the tranny?
I'm not in the garage, so maybe this is visible when I've got it in front of me.
But good to know so I can mentally prepare for how to tackle tomorrow!

#9 ·
mmerlinn said:
It connects the butterfly to the throttle cable.

Merlin: I really am hesitant about asking this! Ive read your answer and Im puzzled about what you mean by butterfly? I know parts are called many different things in other areas of the world. And I was hesitant to ask because maybe I should know what you meant :confused: We call it a kick down attachment rod in my area. you can private message me if you want.

:thumbup: Chris

#11 ·
painted jester said:
Merlin: I really am hesitant about asking this! Ive read your answer and Im puzzled about what you mean by butterfly? I know parts are called many different things in other areas of the world. And I was hesitant to ask because maybe I should know what you meant :confused: We call it a kick down attachment rod in my area. you can private message me if you want.

:thumbup: Chris

The butterfly is the lever in the Crosley's picture that looks something like a butterfly if you pull the hitch pin out and get the lever where you can see it by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.