Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Where we going to be in 2013???
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 11:21 PM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm 23 and love all the old cars.At age 9 my first ride in a muscle car was in a low six second 1/8mi car.Once the wheels come off the ground theres no turnin around.As a kid I allways built models of muscle cars and drag cars.At age 17 I got a 51 chevy pickup(ran outta money and sold it).Did my first motor swap at 18 and have built several SBCs.I do my on work except paint(you don't wanna know).
I think mostly without factory muscle cars at affordale prices being offered most guys won't get a taste of cool cars,cause there not cruising up and down the boulavards to be seen.But those of us that grew up at the drag strip or in a garage with our fathers and uncles get the feel for the real cars.
As a kid I remember seeing 5.0 mustangs and Iroc Z's and TAs and GNs so thats prolly were I get my apreciation for those cars too.But I love the muscle cars too just can't afford a decent enough one to drive and restore and don't have a place to restore one.
Another thing is that most guys my age haven't got any credit and have very low income.So a 50s car or 60s muscle car is outta reach.Although considering the prices some pay for stereos I take that back.