Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Where we going to be in 2013??? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/where-we-going-2013-a-15398.html)

Dave E Shank 02-02-2003 04:15 PM

Where we going to be in 2013???

HEY: if you go to many NSRA events most of the car are driven by dudes MY age 59!! Ten years from now what is going to happen to all of these cars?? I have two sons in their mid 30's but they don't have the time , money or complete dedication that I have. The younger guys do not relate to cars that they didn't see growing up. Most of the young guys around here are into the rice burners with most of their bucks in the sound systems. There are more SOUND SHOPS than SPEED SHOPS??? What do you think?? Maybe we could sell them to the Iraqies without the drive trains and a bunch of Flintstones reruns HUUUMMM.

NAIRB 02-02-2003 04:22 PM

I watched the Barrett-Jackson auto auction last weekend and I noticed quite a few hot rods being rolled down the auction lane. I'm afraid that alot of the hot rods and muscle cars will be like Deusenbergs or Bugattis someday, they will be out of reach for the average guy. But, as long as they build cars, people will modify them, and hotrodding will continue.

stonedchihuahua 02-02-2003 06:32 PM

Thats when guys like me and neil will be around making the big money buying all these things up and fixem em up and taken them to the drag strip and shows... Not to mention making sure that if we have kids they get into it too so that they can have these cars passed on to them... don't worry it is all gunna be okay just make sure that you guys write up wills so when you sadly pass away you can leave the car to someone who is going to fix it up or sell it to somone who will love it as much as you do.... may I suggest me??

mustang66maniac 02-02-2003 07:31 PM

I don't think speed shops will ever close. There is a big bunch of 5.0 mustangs in the sacramento area, and most of them don't know crap about them so they pay some of the speed shops to tune them up for them.

I think its pretty much like the music or entertainment industry. Sure there will always be the classics, but more come out every year that new people fall in love with and go out and buy. So i think that fewer people will be fixing up 50, and 60s cars but more 70s and 80s cars. I know that i can relate to late model muscle cars, so i definately know i'll be building some in the future.

stonedchihuahua 02-02-2003 07:33 PM

but but but I want some cars left to me!!!!!!

LoudMalibu 02-02-2003 09:18 PM

im 17 and own a 81 malibu 2 door with a 350 I!!! just recently put in, also i did a shift kit

muscle cars are great, who cares about gas its fun as hell to drive when u have over 300 ponies pushing ya from behind instead of 120 pulling ya from the front.

BigBlockBabe 02-02-2003 10:05 PM

[quote]Originally posted by LoudMalibu:
<strong>its fun as hell to drive when u have over 300 ponies pushing ya from behind</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try driving a Duster with over 450 horses out of a 360. Oh wait, I'm just an ugly dog...I'll take my Duster elsewhere. :rolleyes:

78 monte 02-02-2003 11:21 PM

I'm 23 and love all the old cars.At age 9 my first ride in a muscle car was in a low six second 1/8mi car.Once the wheels come off the ground theres no turnin around.As a kid I allways built models of muscle cars and drag cars.At age 17 I got a 51 chevy pickup(ran outta money and sold it).Did my first motor swap at 18 and have built several SBCs.I do my on work except paint(you don't wanna know).
I think mostly without factory muscle cars at affordale prices being offered most guys won't get a taste of cool cars,cause there not cruising up and down the boulavards to be seen.But those of us that grew up at the drag strip or in a garage with our fathers and uncles get the feel for the real cars.
As a kid I remember seeing 5.0 mustangs and Iroc Z's and TAs and GNs so thats prolly were I get my apreciation for those cars too.But I love the muscle cars too just can't afford a decent enough one to drive and restore and don't have a place to restore one.
Another thing is that most guys my age haven't got any credit and have very low income.So a 50s car or 60s muscle car is outta reach.Although considering the prices some pay for stereos I take that back. :)

stonedchihuahua 02-02-2003 11:26 PM

78 you know some define a muscle car as being v-8 2 door rear wheel drive meaning that to some those 80s cars are muscle cars...

To me although I own one I just consider them 80s cars that need some tweaking to be real fun...

Umm can all you guys leave loudmalibu out of your wills and put me in instead....
heres why:
1 I need the car more
2 I like BBB
3 I'm willing to do it up anyway the will states as long as I can have it
4 I like BBB
5 I need the car more
6 You guys are like family to me and family gets in the will

Okay I can see this isn't going to work but how about this:

PLE****SSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

BigBlockBabe 02-02-2003 11:28 PM

[quote]Originally posted by 78 monte:
<strong>I'm 23 and love all the old cars.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, Monte...for some reason I thought you were an ooold man. You're just my age. Hmm.. http://users.superford.org/ylobronc/melissa/naughty.gif

78 monte 02-02-2003 11:40 PM

Nah I'm only 23.What made ya think I was an old man???
Look in the "put a name with the face" thread I've got a link to my pic.Although my band mates are in there late 30s. :)

Croz 02-02-2003 11:44 PM

stoned, those are all good reason, but you aren't getting in my will, because hopefully you will be writing yours at the same times as me, being young guns of the site. Also, by that definition, a mustang is a muscle car, and i say nay to that. A muscle car is a smaller bodied car with a big block thrown in it. Chevelle's and GTO's are muscle cars. Don't get me wrong, the others are great, and they can hold thier own when done just as good as a muscle car, but they are not definative. And i am over-analytical, so definitions mean quite a bit to me. Oh, and good luck getting in some wills. I will stick to getting good insurance, so you can move up if anything happens, and if it doesn't, you aren't going to fall behind.

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Croz ]</p>

stonedchihuahua 02-02-2003 11:49 PM

can't blame me for tryin

oh yeah and whatz this talk about an accident I can catch up..

I love my car... it may be an 80s thing but it is truely my 80s thing... I can go buys muscle cars all I want after I finish school.. right now I will stick with my 80s thing

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: stonedchihuahua ]</p>

Halloweenking 02-02-2003 11:53 PM

There's still hope, a little flicker left, but its there.

As for the will, I had once since I was old enough to drive. Its says and I quote "Leave my sheet alone, I'll be back" sighned by me, a lawyer and noterized.

HK

neil madsen 02-02-2003 11:59 PM

Dont forget about me guys.I want in on the wills too. :D