Whitewall tire paint - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 09:53 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Whitewall tire paint

I have read previous posts about whitewall tire paint but I would like to get some further information. I tried the Gledi tire paint with bad results. I am now considering spray paint or a really high quality exterior latex paint. I am thinking that since latex is a type of rubber that it might work. It should also be flexible being a latex type of paint. I don't believe it is a problem with prep because I have tried different techniques with the same results.....PLEASE HELP....Cooker tires are not in the budget.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I think you will not find what you are looking for .. painting whitewalls might get you some sort of look at 50 - 100 feet away, but I would guess the results of painting whitewalls would not come out all that great .. It is just the way the world works sometimes .. The only other option if still around might be a product that was once known as portawalls .. Those will look better at rest but I think will float off of the side wall of the tire at 60 or so ..
Old 12-28-2009, 04:27 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

try a bike shop.. all whitewall bike tires are done with paint. the shop nearest to me can get the paint but it's expensive.. IDK about the whitewall paints that are sold on Ebay.. there all roll on that I know of
Old 12-28-2009, 10:33 PM

Last photo:

I've tried it before, everything from urethane to grease pens, I could find nothing that last, looks good, or sticks.

But get overspray on a tire and you can't get it off...

Maybe that's the key, try and accidentally paint white walls on your tires and it might stick
Old 04-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Hi!!...Im new here and found this site by searching tire paint...Well this might sound crazy but...The paint used to paint lexan bodys on RC cars will work Awesome...I put a test line on the inside rear tire of my Factory Five Cobra 2 years ago...it is still there i used yellow as i had a bottle of it here is a link http://www.parmapse.com/ the paint is called faskolor....its now water based the stuff i used was not...it eats into the lexan and stays flexable and can be thinned and sprayed i will be using it with good year stencils for the "Bill board" race tire look
Old 07-22-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim french
I have read previous posts about whitewall tire paint but I would like to get some further information. I tried the Gledi tire paint with bad results. I am now considering spray paint or a really high quality exterior latex paint. I am thinking that since latex is a type of rubber that it might work. It should also be flexible being a latex type of paint. I don't believe it is a problem with prep because I have tried different techniques with the same results.....PLEASE HELP....Cooker tires are not in the budget.
Hi the best solution for your problem maybe: **************************
good luck

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 07-30-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Violation of guidelines. Please see: general board guidelines.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterbond
I've tried it before, everything from urethane to grease pens, I could find nothing that last, looks good, or sticks.

But get overspray on a tire and you can't get it off...

Maybe that's the key, try and accidentally paint white walls on your tires and it might stick
Hi, all white walls lovers, i`m in South Africa, here no one was doing white walls, for about two years i been searching for the right materials for the perfect white walls, is a long, long road, spend lots of money, long nights, tears, and frustrations, but on the end pays for it, how i got paid? a big smile on my face, then you say I DID IT!same times the most crazy things works like a bomb, now i got on a new mission, new materials, new process, that make the white walls last as long as the tyres live, is not easy BUT IS POSSIBLE, i will keep all inform or check regular ************************
where i post all the up dates, from time to time. or you can email at *************************
Keep trying.

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 07-30-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 PM

Last photo:

if you can get it, try road stripe paint, bullet proof and sticks to anything.

Just a thought.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBodyman
if you can get it, try road stripe paint, bullet proof and sticks to anything.

Just a thought.
Hi, thanks for the info, but i got my own source, but that my work as well, remember the secret is how to clean the tyre before paint!!! there is where many peoples fail, then blame the paint.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.