whitewildcat - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

whitewildcat

hello buick fans....i was 19 when my dad traded a 63 chevy for a new 64 wildcat 445..what an awsom car...at first i thought, why would he trade in the little chevy belair for this white elephant (remember, i was 19). all that thinking until one day he let me drive it to school. man would that thing scream. and burnout(?)...at that day forward i was a buick fan for life...i currently have a 72 c10 with, you guessed it, a big buick thumper (430)..it is tough, very quick, and no matter how hard i beat on it, it always begs me to let it go...gotta love them buicks!!! i'm looking for a 401 to build. i have no idea what i'll drop it into, but does it really matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 AM

Last photo:

Welcome wildcat!!
I remember those sleeper Buick's with the big cubes, massive torque and lots of chrome!
They left a lot of would-be racers in the dust (or tire smoke).
Got pics of your 72??
Old 05-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Welcome! I come from a long line of Buick fans, my dad having sold them from 1957 to 79.

Here is my Gran Sport that I have owned since 86' with my son at the wheel getting driving lessons.

And how that 401 sounds. Click on the photo.

And at the famous Fremont Dragstrip around 88'

If you want some info or parts PM me, my brother specializes in them and even reproduces some parts like a 6x2 and blower manifold for the 401/425!

Here is his all Buick (yes body and all) 1922 Roadster.

And his sons Ford pickup with a 401.

And my 48 Chevy pickup with at this time a mid engine 401! Yep, you may be able to see the oil pan right below the drivers door.

And I don't have a photo right now of the 55 F-100 my dad put a 364 in back in 1966 my brother still owns it.
Or the International Tow truck my brother had with a 364 or the other dozen or so of Gran Sports and Skylarks, Rivs, his Model A with a 401 etc. we have owned over the years.

Do we like the Buicks, oh yeah baby.

Brian

Last edited by MARTINSR; 05-17-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.