Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Who builds the best 200r4 tranny
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

you'll like the 200 4r. I'm sure that is what was originaly in the el camino. Make sure to ask/tell them that your running a big block. That way you know your getting enough clutch and holding capasity for the tq that motor will deliver. Most failures are going to happen in third and fourth gears where the real strain will happen. I built mine with extra clutches in forward, direct, overrun and fourth clutch asseblies. Used the extra wide band for second and use the bigger boost valves. There is extra tricks they can use to give it more life. 10 vane relieved pump with hardened rings, bigger servo and ect. You need to ask alot of question. You maybe close to a good builder, I wasn't. None of my shops around here would do it for me. They only wanted to sell me what they though i should have. IF CK is close to you, why don't you go talk to them in person. Then you can have a face to face and ask question. They have question for you to. Go for it. I even built my own deep pan and used a 4l60 filter.