Who Do You Trust With Your Baby! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 03:11 AM
CORNFED and INBRED !?!

Wiki Edits: 0

Who Do You Trust With Your Baby!

I figured that this would be a better place for this thread than in the lounge. Maybe it will give some of the newbies an idea of who's advice is like the gospel (all truth and completely trust worthy)! So, When you have a problem that you can't solve yourself or need answers to hot rodding's little mysterys, Who Do You Trust With Your Baby???????(car, truck,etc.) I hope that no one gets the idea that this thread is meant for kissin' *****... I think that it would be interesting and helpful to know what advice you trust and why!

Me, it would have to be bobcrman! Tons of knowledge and no B.S. This guys knows his Stuff!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2004, 05:31 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I trust you Odd only you...

Actually, there are a number of people on here that give very good advise.

Budget RVs
Old 01-26-2004, 05:43 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

If I can't do it and have the want to learn I will do it myself, with the exception of 1 thing.

Automatic transmissions, and I will leave my babys slushbox in the caring hands of the team on staff of:

adtkart, airworld2, and Crosley

As these guys venture where I might be able to go, but fear to tread past the grassy meadow into the darkness ahead.

The other thing I would rather put into someones hands is a carburetor, I had nothing but bad experience with Rochester Dualjets, and Quadrajets.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:50 AM

Last journal entry: 2 years later
Last photo:

well poncho, you always seem to have the time and knowledge to help me out, too bad we are stretched all over north america, it would be nice to meet with you guys and swap stories and ideas.
mike
Old 01-26-2004, 05:56 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Just imagine for a minute what could be accomplished in the design room and the possibilities that would come from a team effort put forth by the whole membership of us Hotrodders.

The possibilities would be nearly endless.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:18 PM
CORNFED and INBRED !?!

Quote:
Originally posted by poncho62
I trust you Odd only you...

Hey Poncho, I do trust your advice also! Butt Kisser! Kiddin'--Kiddin!! Honestly though, anyone on here that has known me for awhile knows that I have missed the mark on more than one occassion! But, hey---I am honest

I have seen 1BAD80 chime in on a few threads lately---glad he's back!----another trusted source!!!

From M&M Custom-----------> Just imagine for a minute what could be accomplished in the design room and the possibilities that would come from a team effort put forth by the whole membership of us Hotrodders.

The possibilities would be nearly endless.rce!

The automotive worlds Dream Team-------Team HotRodders.com!!!! At the very least it would put an end to fuel pumps mounted in the top of tanks with no way to replace them without wrestling the tank and 20 gallons of fuel out of your vehicle!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:

Quote:
I have seen 1BAD80 chime in on a few threads lately---glad he's back!----another trusted source!!! [/B]
Yes, Ol' George has what it takes.. And while we're passing out the kudo's here, let's not forget Dmorris and Kevin and Willys and, and - what did I do with my list?

Oh what the hell...Thanks everybody!
Old 01-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

trans man?

M&M Dude, get a book and do like I did, take the sucker apart and put it back to gether again. There was nothing wrong with my th350 trans, just and extra one laying around. Bought a book, a GOOD book, and one day I get a rebuild kit and took the trans apart. Covered my work bench with a plastic sheet, old table cloth. Keep everything cleen and watch where you put the parts.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:56 PM

Last photo:

I live in an automotive circle of friends where I don't really need "outside" advice, I can ask a number of different people who have expertise in a number of areas.

My biggest poster respect goes to "DartGT66" on the MoparChat forum. He has more experience with issues that relate to my type of automotive issues than any of my friends. He's invaluable.

He's also in..... FINLAND!!!!
Believe it or not...?
Old 01-26-2004, 08:01 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Let's not forget "The Duke of URL", KULTULZ.

His one link that he posts is easily worth a thousand words.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Superior Wheels Quality Tech

Last photo:

For me I'd have to say DoubleVision. He's helped me out a TON. And really knows his stuff.

But the only other person that I allow to drive my baby is my dad.. NO ONE ELSE GETS NEAR THE DRIVER SEAT. Worst part is gf's begging to drive it... But I can't give in.. Its my baby.. hehe
Old 01-27-2004, 11:30 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

my baby, i've called my truck, but i was on crack at the time. it's indestructable, i trust just about anybody.
my real baby is my car <--. i dont trust anybody. i wish i could let myself let the foxy h.s. cheerleaders wash it in the summer but i dont because i dont know if they take their watches belts and rings off so i dont let them near it either. at school a group did car washes and i watched as one of the brighter kids got a soaped up sponge and went over a dry dirty car with it without previously even wetting the car. can you believe that that kid just walked into my office just now??? i have a friend who is a mechanic at oak harbor chevrolet and has been forever that i take my cars to (his home) and he is not only cheap but awesomely fast. i took 10 cd's to his house to listen to while he changed the front drive axles on my grand am. he had one done before 3 songs were over!) i have another friend who is just an amazing fabricator and can weld together anything who is gonna weld up my rear gears for me soon. he is the one who put r and r'd my camaro's tranny and put on the headers and "new" used exhaust on it for the grand total of $300. i have another friend that i dont see anymore because he had his crank dealer make a delivery to him at our house, but he helped me, or i helped him put the new valve seals on the camaro last month. of course there's all of you guys as well.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:31 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Re: trans man?

Quote:
Originally posted by tm454
M&M Dude, get a book and do like I did, take the sucker apart and put it back to gether again. There was nothing wrong with my th350 trans, just and extra one laying around. Bought a book, a GOOD book, and one day I get a rebuild kit and took the trans apart. Covered my work bench with a plastic sheet, old table cloth. Keep everything cleen and watch where you put the parts.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
What was I thinking with that one Tazz?
Anyone with a decent amount of mechanical ability could do just that.
I don't have a need to tear into an auto transmission yet, but if the need arose I would do just that, and NO not because you told me to, It's because I would rather learn something new than let the transmision shop hold onto my trans forever because I simply can't afford to have it done. I have rebuilt a couple manual transmissions, and I didn't view those as high on the difficulty range.

I was simply answering the question, and on this site I would find their transmission knowledge indespensable, but as with the rest of us they have their limits too.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:43 AM

Last photo:

I don't think anybody else would WANT to work on my POS even if I did pay them

Seriously though, like M&M said, adtkart, airworld2, and Crosley are all exceptional sources of information, advice and much needed help. Transmissions are the scariest thing to me. Anything else, I feel comfortable getting a book and figureing it out myself, but trannys are where I draw the line. A BIG for the help guys.

MoocH
Old 01-29-2004, 02:11 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

I've always found Auto Part to have the best answers to my questions. Oh here's a great example. I posted a question about carburetor selection. I was saved by Auto Parts response of "look a carbs a carb, just pick one" ah smart man. I felt stupid for even asking, I mean everyone knows that all carbs are the same.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.