Who gives a rats rear? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm sick and tired of all the reality shows, Kardashians, real housewives of wherever, survivor, american idol, american diggers, american pickers, pawn stars, american restoration...What gets me P.O.ed more than anything is that they call them a reality show and there's nothing real about them.

I like the old television shows that where closer to reality like "I Dream of Genie" and "Bewitched".

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Gilligan and Mc Hale's navy
The 3 stooges
The munsters.
I can dig it.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
I like a few of the "reality" shows, the thing is I know what IS "reality" and what isn't. I don't let the drama wreck the reality part that's all.

I like Pawn Stars just to see the interesting stuff, again, I ignore the drama BS. Same for American Pickers, I understand it's staged, but not THAT staged, they do find the stuff they do (it isn't like they are finding Michael D'Angelo works) and it's interesting. American Idol, I HATE the drama, but I love seeing the talent be damned if it is staged, talent is talent and I love seeing those young people.

The trick is to ignore the drama, when it's too much, I walk out of the room and go make a cup of tea or something. And of course Drive-inns diners and dives, come on, I love that stuff.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
Joe G (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM

Last photo:

I go staight to the source for any news that matters.
The Onion News Network
The Onion - America's Finest News Source
The Following User Says Thank You to cal1320 For This Useful Post:
Joe G (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
More and more crap comes up as news these days that I could care less about and has no value at all.

Beyoncé lip sincs the national anthem.....Who cares?
Lance Armstrong admits to doping.....who cares?

and on and on........list yours
Here's my short list:

Mainstream news...sickening.

Celebrity gossip...none of my business.

College and professional team sports...couldn't care less.
On Superbowl Sunday, rather than playing football, I think it would be more exciting to watch the players play a game of extreme musical chairs - $5 million, winner take all.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I like a few of the "reality" shows, the thing is I know what IS "reality" and what isn't. I don't let the drama wreck the reality part that's all.

I like Pawn Stars just to see the interesting stuff, again, I ignore the drama BS. Same for American Pickers, I understand it's staged, but not THAT staged, they do find the stuff they do (it isn't like they are finding Michael D'Angelo works) and it's interesting. American Idol, I HATE the drama, but I love seeing the talent be damned if it is staged, talent is talent and I love seeing those young people.

The trick is to ignore the drama, when it's too much, I walk out of the room and go make a cup of tea or something. And of course Drive-inns diners and dives, come on, I love that stuff.

Brian
For me if I need to figure out what's BS and what isn't...I tune out real quick. If I see Drama like American Chopper...it's one quick move to the remote...You have a lot more patience than I do for that and all the more power to you.

I have a novel idea...how about a reality show that's reality...Then again...No, it'l never fly, the television watchers almost seem to want the Drama and the BS. My feeling is if it's going to be BS let everybody know, I'm OK with that...then it has entertainment value you know it's not real to start off with, but don't insult my intelligence by putting out crap that they call reality and expect me to believe that it is reality. Sometimes I wonder what they think at the big networks when they sit around a Boardroom and think up a show like Storage Wars and salt the lockers with a couple of decent items almost every week and then worry about what's going to happen if Dave Hester goes public about the fact that they loaded a locker. Did they think they had us all fooled...if they did they sure don't think much of the inteligence of their viewing public.
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (01-26-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Good news dont sell ,SAD.only three things bother me ,Obama,Oboma &Oboma,
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
For me if I need to figure out what's BS and what isn't...I tune out real quick. If I see Drama like American Chopper...it's one quick move to the remote...You have a lot more patience than I do for that and all the more power to you.

I have a novel idea...how about a reality show that's reality...Then again...No, it'l never fly, the television watchers almost seem to want the Drama and the BS. My feeling is if it's going to be BS let everybody know, I'm OK with that...then it has entertainment value you know it's not real to start off with, but don't insult my intelligence by putting out crap that they call reality and expect me to believe that it is reality. Sometimes I wonder what they think at the big networks when they sit around a Boardroom and think up a show like Storage Wars and salt the lockers with a couple of decent items almost every week and then worry about what's going to happen if Dave Hester goes public about the fact that they loaded a locker. Did they think they had us all fooled...if they did they sure don't think much of the inteligence of their viewing public.
Funny how we see things the same but different. Storage wars, OMG what crap, but I like American Pickers, go figure. I certainly understand where you are coming from, it is a crappy style that has taken over TV.

Brian
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Well Brian...we do see things the same...like you said...but different as well. The good thing is that you can see things...way to many people can't. I't always amazes me when I see the lack of common sense in so many people and how gullible they are...and how many people believe all the crap that's spewed out over the internet...if I would have known, I would have never invented it LOL.

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM

I agree .. "reality TV" is terrible. Self imposed deadlines to try and make the show exciting,The boss yelling and screaming at his workers(in "real"reality these people wouold be fired for harrassment) complete idiots, fighting, getting drunk, spoiled rich B#$%^'s screaming at each other ... talk about teaching our young people to act like A holes and get away with it .. I could go on and on ...lol ... mostly just a bunch of morons with too much money
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,299 Times in 1,057 Posts
Now what is it this thread is about again? The network news shows? .............

John L
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM

Last photo:

They aren't much better if at all. The thing that I am more tired of than anything in this regard of sinking to the depths to which we are sinking is the "Teaser" lines, how pathetic! GOD I am tired of them! All the internet providers are doing it and now the friggin news is doing it with "teasers" in the shows leading up to news time.

"Sarah Palin makes bold Career move"

"The former Alaska governor who reportedly signed a $1 million-a-year deal with Fox News in 2010 has been curiously quiet in..."

(then the link to the story is)
Major decision reveled late Friday

WHAT BS

That and the floating ads during your shows. I am telling you, they are pushing me to dvd movies I'll tell you.

Brian
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,299 Times in 1,057 Posts
You got it. They will spend as much time on the teaser as it would have taken to tell you the "news." The other thing that gets me is the political bias. I will not get into my personal politics but the networks need to report the facts ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY.

John
Old 01-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Lance won a bike race, I could give a rats behind.
Football dude told stories. I don't drink beer with him, not related, don't give a rat's behind.
Kardashians, Palins, moFos of the world, not hanging with them either, don't give a rats behind.
It's a boring world we live in when we have to use this garbage to make headlines.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Y'all have mentioned ?Reality Shows? above and the Drama that ruins it all. I don't call it Drama, I call it "hype" and any time I see "ANY" hype of any kind, it's move on time for me. If something can't stand on it's "own merit" then it shouldn't be worthy of air time or viewer time so it's a click click for me every time. My wife will watch those things and seriously believe that all of that is, as it happened and with no editing or rehearsal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.