Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Who makes the best oil???
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 PM
70Chevelle/91Eclipse

Last journal entry: My 81 Silverado(SourApple)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Who makes the best oil???

Now that Royal Purple is becoming more popular i have a question - Who makes the best oil??? I know of course its mostly a personal opinion as to which motor oil you choose when you go to the auto parts store (so long as its not pennzoil), but i hear that Royal Purple is the best, can anyone support this info from first-hand experience? Im not an oil expert or anything, but i was always told that fully synthetic is the best type of oil to buy, right? And that in the case of 10W-30 the 10 stands for the weight of the oil at cold temperature, and the 30 stands for the weight of the oil at optimum running temperature. I personally use a quart of Lucas oil stabalizer with every oil change i get, and in the case of my chevy 350 i cant seem to make up my mind as to which type, weight, and brand to use. The more strain you put on your motor, the thicker you want your oil, depending on application and use of course, right? In the summer heat you would want a thicker oil, and in the winter cold you would want a thinner oil, right?