Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Who makes the best oil???
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 07:17 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_chevy_guy
I did a little bit more research, and i came to a conclusion - The best oils available are Royal Purple and Mobile 1, if you want to run synthetic in an older car do so after the motor has been broken in with normal oil, run a good oil filter, and change your oil/filter when needed because not all cars/environments are the same. I want to build a chevy 427 w/ a 8-71 weiand supercharger, after experimenting with different filters/oils in my 350, ill form a conclusion about what should be used in it. More than likely i will use regular mobil 10W-30 for the break in with a K&N/Mobil filter, after the break in and about 7,000 miles ill switch to either Royal Purple or Mobil 1 10W-30 or 10W-40 fully synthetic with a K&N/Mobil filter. I have only one question - isnt it a good thing to keep the sludge out of your engine??? I read that some people like to keep the sludge in their engine, but i was going to have my engine pumped after the 7,000 miles before i switch to synthetic, is this a bad idea???
yer not gonna want to run 40 weight in that. Use some sludge remover if you want, don't need to pump the motor. Sludge remover is just kerosene basicly. You pour the quart of the sludge remover in, start the car run it 5 minuites, don't rev it, then shut it off and change the oil.